Existing Member?

Henrika's Fascinating Adventures

Days in Singapore and arriving in Thailand

THAILAND | Wednesday, 7 March 2012 | Views [215]

This morning I flew to Bangkok after 2 nice days stop over in Singapore.  There were a plenty of things to do but the majority of them were not really available for someone who is already struggling to keep the expenses down. Something that doesn't come naturally to me but one gotta learn new things.

On my first day in Singapore, the weather was cloudy and a bit rainy. I went to see Chinatown and I was considering bying a tour bus ticket but I went for 40 minutes reflexogy instead. The sun was hiding behind the clouds anyways and I thought  I reserved some relaxation to keep me going.

I spent 3 hours in the lobby in the front of computer resolving computer related issue I have been putting off long enough. Boring but had to be done. I had finally reliable WIFI that enable to get that sorted.

Yesterday, I was bit more active. I had a really nice walk around in the  Botanic gardens and Marine Bay.  Metro is inexpensive and easy to use.  Singapore is said to be expensive which is true but staying in a hostel dorm, taking advantage of free attraction and looking for cheaper places to eat. It is defininately worth having a 2 days stay in Singapore, unbelievable tidy and modern city.

Next leg of the trip is Thailand. I am looking forward having some time on the beaches. I haven't have a proper beach holiday for ages if ever. I booked a hostel bed only for one night here in Bangkok. My aim is to move on to an island tomorrow. Since yesterday morning my stomach has been acting up AGAIN. As of now I am on my feet. I do hope I am well enough to move on and find a piece of paradise beach and stay in one spot for a month. I think my body needs a stable environment as well. 

I took a cab from the airport ti the city and I got an offer from a taxi driver to drive me down to the island called Ko Chang and he also was willing to help me find a cheap Bunglow till April 5th.(Or realized a great possibility to rip off a Western tourist) There would be a minibus as well that would be better according to my budget. The problem is that I am not sure if I am confident enough in a bus at the moment. Let alone walking around the island with the luggage trying to find a decent and inexpensive place to stay. But I don't wanna be ripped off by a taxi driver either. I checked the flights last night but they appeared to be too expensive. Probably I am gonna take a taxi tomorrow and get back by a minibus when I'll  hopefully be free of any health issues.. ehmmm hopefully. Some way or other I am gonna get out of here tomorrow.  As always lets see what happens.It's gona be allright. :-)

About henrika_traveller


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.