Existing Member?

Henrika's Fascinating Adventures

National park and Taj Mahal

INDIA | Monday, 20 February 2012 | Views [410] | Comments [1]

I have spent a past few days pretty much in a hotel room. My poor stomach is not adjusting Indian food not that I have eatan much for the past few days anyway but I ran out of energy and all could do was to sleep. Fortunately I was in places for one reason like safari and not much else to see. Safari could have been more enjoyable if hadn't been in agony, I did't see any tigers either but only a few lucky ones do.

Yesterday morning I took train to Agra known for Taj Mahal. not a chance I could get out of the bed. 2 hours train trip was the best I could do. I started to wonder whether I should see a doctor. The room service provided for me with some medicine since any of the drugs I brought back home was not working and had some plain rice, By this morning I was better and finally able to get out of the bed.Yippiiii. So I went to see amazing Taj Mahal, the monument I have always wanted to see. I took a guide for a tour, in order to get more out of it. At first I was gonna tell him go away but changed my mind and he said he would charge me only Indian visitor price  which is about 50% of the price charged from Western tourist. It is quite typical here that the charge depends which country you are coming from. The ticket for Taj Mahal is 750 rupees for Western tourist but a queue is like 100 time s shorter than for the Indians. Of course Indians/ Western and Males/females have different queues. It was a bit surprised to see that the majority of the tourists appeared to be Indians inside let alone how many of them were waiting to get in outside the éntrance. I am happy I got well anough to see Taj Mahal.

Myt next destination is Rishikesh. I arrive in there a bit inconvenient time 4.00 and I ll find a peaceful place to stay for a week, I got a name of one the places so I'll try that one. If it won't work out there are loads of other places, so I've heard. I'll be back in New Delhi the first of March before flying to Mumbai. For the week I just want to relax and recover, I have been moving from one place to the other a lot now it is time to chill out and stay still. 

Comments

1

Huomasin etta tannehan saa kommentoida. Toivottavasti maha on parantunu! Muista vaan juoda paljon suolanesteita ettei kay niinku mulle silloin... Taj Mahal kuulostaa upealta!

  Anne Feb 29, 2012 2:53 AM

About henrika_traveller


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.