Existing Member?

Henrika's Fascinating Adventures

Rishikesh, biketrip and Indian wedding

INDIA | Wednesday, 29 February 2012 | Views [313]

For the past 7 days I have been in Rishikesh, the center of yoga.  It has been very relaxing here even though this is busy enough place. I have done a bit of yoga and just relaxing. I have gotten my appetite back and feeling much better.

I joined a group to ride motorbike up the mountains to stay overnight in a city 2000m above sea level. it was a nice adventure. There were 6 of us and three bikes, 3 helmets and  one of them was completely useless. Oh well no-one seem to care about helmets here. let alone other protective motorbike gear. Anyway, we made it safely home and we experienced no major incidents, just small ones. 

Originally we planned going driving even further to see Himalaya. It was a bit too cloudy so we didn't bother going to see Himalaya because the visibility would have been poor anyway.

Instead we had the most interesting experience of joining an Indian wedding. I would  never had nerve to walk in to the wedding party, unlike my co- travelers. At the end I was in the only against the idea to call in a party we happened to pass by while looking for a restaurant. We walked in and got an official invitation to join the party and have something to eat. There was unbelievable amount of food. I felt embarrassed for some time but eventually managed to relax and enjoy myself. I just didn't feel like a fancy party straight after a few hours on the motorbike's back, dusty boots and too casual clothing. After tasting those delicious Indian food we hung on till the couple finally arrived. It was closer 11.00 pm. People seemed to dance, mingle and eat before the actual ceremony. The couple was so beautiful and young. I wish them all the best.

After this relaxing time in Rishkesh time to go back to Delhi for one night before flying to Mumbai. My first leg of the trip is coming to the end but for the last days, and I still enjoying India.

About henrika_traveller


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.