Existing Member?

Henrika's Fascinating Adventures

After the first day in Delhi

INDIA | Friday, 3 February 2012 | Views [210]

This is the first morning I woke up in Delhi after  the really interesting first day.  At first I've learned that I am in Old Delhi and not so nice part of the city, (I was told that) I don't know about that I felt a bit like a zoo animal because even though there are a few hotels around here,the Western people appear to accommodate different ones. Or maybe this is just a coincidence but I am pretty much the only white on the block or I just haven't seen any. Well it really doesn't bother me. I reckon it is safe enough here anyway. I sat down with a local who spoke pretty good English and had a cappuccino off the street. I cannot say no for coffee but I was kind of conscience of milk and water they might have have used since it wasn't exactly a tourist cafe. No complications this time. After a nice cup of coffee  I was guided by tuktuk (don't know the exact spelling of that vehicle) and my new local friend to the governmental tourist bureau for getting around in India.

I learned that I might encounter some issues getting trains different destinations this time of the year. I was offered a tourist pass to travel around but the price came higher I had budgeted for India. I insisted sleeping on it even though even the passes might be gone. However I booked a driver to drive me around the city today.  I got a lift back to the hotel  by a moped from the tourist office located in New Delhi (not on this old side). ( sitting back of the bike without a helmet of course ) ON thee way I saw some fascinating narrow streets, I would never have found myself. Got a chance to go also to one of the temples. Time to get ready for the tour in this lively, noisy, amazing city. 

About henrika_traveller


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.