Existing Member?

Henrika's Fascinating Adventures

Arriving in New Delhi

INDIA | Thursday, 2 February 2012 | Views [247]

Here i am in New Delhi,on the very first leg of my trip. around the world trip has finally begun. I flew from London and kind of missed the night's sleep. Unfortunately, I am not one of those who can sleep on plane. Apart from a bit dozing while watching TinTin's adventures.  We landed at 5.00am local time, midnight in the UK. 8 hours flight was smooth and pleasant.

The international airport of New Delhi is like any European Airport really tidy and modern. The passport control was smooth and quick.  The toilet was tidy but I was a bit surprised to find just a hole on the floor in there since the rest of the airport looked so Western.On the other hand I was surprised to find a proper toilet seat in the hotel room.


I might have been a bit of ripped of in a taxi to get to the hotel since no-one seem to know this address but finally once we got to near to the location, the people  were able to give proper instructions.


Luckily I got the room almost immediately and went in and take a nap. After waking up  I went for a little walk and it is just crazy out there but that is pretty much what I was expecting and trying to mentally prepared for it, but the reality is always different thing to cope. I am happy that I am used to the left side traffic so there is a tiny bit higher chance not being hit by any sort of moving object...

Unfortunately, the hotels's restaurant seem to be reserved. SO I need to get my snack somewhere else without getting sick. Tomorrow I am planning to  do some tourist stuff, at least find my way where is is organized.  At the moment I don't even know which part of Delhi i am in. The good news is I have loads of time to find my way wherever I wish to go.  Now  it is time to stick my head out there again, get some sun and feel vibes of  Delhi.

About henrika_traveller


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.