Existing Member?

Fearghal Isn't Here

Im in France, decisions made.

FRANCE | Friday, 5 December 2008 | Views [768]

Hey all,

So im in France, staying with my girlfriends parents. House and surrounding area is lovely and we've been taking the time to relax, make some decisions & finish my TEFL.

If any of you have been keeping an eye on the news you would have seen that Bangkok airport had been brought to a standstill while protesters staged a "sit in" of sorts to force the government out of office. Basically the protesters want the government out of office because they think that they are against the royal family and dont hold the values of the monarchy respectfully. They staged the sit in at the airport in Bangkok, and brought that, and another airport in Bangkok to a standstill for about a week or so. As well as having occupied a government building for months. All this happend about a week or so after i booked flights to Bangkok so im quite releaved that everything passed peacefully and successfully for the protesters. (Maybe Northern Ireland could learn a thing or two)

So im sill going to Bangkok, sorry to all of you who thought it was a good idea for me to go and see them (Emma and Alli) but fuck it. ITS THAILAND.

I do have another question to put to you all. I went for a short bike ride with Rachel in the French country side, and had the genius idea to cycle around Cambodia and down the Vietnam Coast. These places are roughly the same size of Ireland with a little wiggle room for different countries, and we would be going at a pace of dead slow to stop. Deffinately not cycling every day. What do you think? Should we go for it or just use public transport?

Thats all ive been doing at the minute, ill get some pictures posted of France once i get a chance to use my own computer thats connected to t'internet and reply to those group emails that ive recieved from a few of you.

On that note i have to run,

Catch ya later.

Tags: cambodia, cycling, decisions, france, government, laos, protest, rachel, thailand

About hendronf


Follow Me

Where I've been

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.