Existing Member?

My African adventure

Business matters ...

GHANA | Wednesday, 5 January 2011 | Views [478] | Comments [2]

I realise that I have almost not mentioned the business, the reason for my being here. Partly because it's still in its infancy and partly because I don't want to give much away! We've met quite a few people already, despite the fact that we've lost huge numbers of days due to it being the festive season, and will meet a few more before Gerald and Tayo leave on Saturday night (I decided to exend my trip by two days, as I lost 3 at the beginning of the trip).

Everyone has been helpful and friendly, though some have self-selected themselves out of working with us. But the more people we meet, the bigger the picture we're able to put together and the better our information for when it comes to making a decision on what our offering will be. It'll probably not come as a surprise to know that we've allocted ourselves with specific tasks and that mine are all around opening doors, arranging meetings with networking contacts etc. Plus ca change!

Once we've carried out as much research as we can fit in, we'll sit down and decide where we feel we can add value to the hotel fraternity here. There's definitely potential for us, so we need to capture what it is and work hard to capitalise on it before anyone else does it first (hence the reason why I don't want to impart the information here - you never know who might be reading this ....!)

No doubt you'll hear all about it when I get home. In the meanwhile, I've caught up with the tragedy at Lower Loxley and shed a tear when I heard that Helen had succesfully been delivered of a healthy baby boy (only 2 days after my niece Zoe was delivered of a healthy baby boy). Got to get my priorities right, even in the heart of Africa!

Comments

1

Enjoy the last few days of warm sunny days in Ghana (until the next time!) and hope we can meet up with Cheryl soon after you are back. Love Sue x

  Sue Allett Jan 6, 2011 2:37 AM

2

Happy New Year. So pleased you got there ok in the end. Have been reading your blogs and seems all going well. Hope all will be ok for your business.
Not sure when you are leaving or if you have already left. Speak to you soon!!!
Love Madeleine xxx

  Madeleine Jan 11, 2011 3:50 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Ghana

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.