Existing Member?

The Saga of Heather's Travels ... the story of a dream come true

Here at last!!

SINGAPORE | Monday, 3 August 2009 | Views [554] | Comments [4]

Nikita has a bath in the kitchen sink....

Nikita has a bath in the kitchen sink....

Well, here I am in Bangkok at last. After all the fears and warnings about travelling alone, I have to admit to a degree of astonishment at how easy it has been so far. Flew out of Singapore last night, (sunday) the hardest part of that was saying goodbye to wee Eva, Nikita having left that morning. So after real quality Nana time, I am now on my own, and surprisingly, loving it. Smooth passage through customs and immigration, bought simcard for phone at airport, taxi straight to hotel, noone tried to rip me off or mug me, Wow this could work. Hotel completely adequate, clean and cheap as chips, even braved a venture out last night to get drinking water, and found a 7/11 store right next door. I had a great sleep, and am now out and about exploring. Had an excellent pedicure for 150baht, which is equivalent to $6.60, what can I say?? Bus and ferry to Koh Chang is 250 baht - 6-7 hour trip on aircon bus, and ferry to island, for $11NZ, you really can live on smell of oily rag here. Full breakfast of 2 eggs, bacon, toast, juice and coffee/tea, was 110 baht = $4.80. I won't rave on about costs again, just painting the picture. I think I'll head down to Trat tomorrow, and get ferry to Koh Chang, Bangkok is not a place I want to linger particularly. However in saying that, I feel safe, well and very very happy. Will get some photos up as soon as I can, but my love to all family and friends, rest assured I am well and happy, feeling strong and confident. Will check in again from Koh Chang. Cheers all. 

Comments

1

Hi there kiddo!! hey sounding good. Could'nt wait to come home and catch up with comments and progress. yeah!! 1st base achieved without a sweat. I'm sure will be a clear round by the time you reach your destination. liking what I read a lot,looking forward to some colourful pictures of places seen ans been. keep it up. we're all kinda in awe at present. Take care. lots a love. Big sis Caroxxxxxx

  Carolyn Bisley Aug 3, 2009 2:51 PM

2

Hi Darling, lol...you sound so happy.... and confident! AWESOME!
Its so cold here today and raining...nice.
Liam had second dry night (had to tell you)! Very proud of mr squiddy.
Keep your head up and enjoy all those cheap things. wow sounds so cool.
Love us xxxxxx

  lissy Aug 4, 2009 8:10 AM

3

Hi cuz glad to hear all is going well look forward to seeing snap shots , take care
Love Jeff

  Jeff Carter Aug 8, 2009 3:35 PM

4

Hope its goin well. Sill awaiting some nice pictures to see where your at. All sounding good.Like the idea of G+Ts by the pool. Roll on summer and Rarotonga!Love Carolynxx

  Carolyn Bisley Aug 8, 2009 4:57 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Singapore

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.