Existing Member?

Whispering tales of Magic

Warwick Castle

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 9 June 2010 | Views [292]

The sun came out again, and we made it round Warwick Castle.

Warwick Castle was cool. As it was half term there was loads going on; jousting, falconry, pulling swords out of stones (I got a bit confused on that one because Lancelot did it, I always thought it was meant to be Arthur?) and the highlight of the afternoon, watching the trebuchet fire a flaming canon ball into the air. The whole crowd went “oooooooo” in unison as it fired up into the air. www.warwick-castle.com

We walked around the rose garden, but it was too early for the roses to be in bloom so it just looked a bit green and spiky.

We walked around the battlements, the views were amazing. I had to explain to Lauren why the stair cases were so small and winding. She was amazed by it all as she had never seen a castle before.

There were people walking about in costume, playing the parts of servants, knights and Princesses, and we met the King!

I really, really wish we’d had a little girl with us, as one of the attractions was to go and meet Princess Arabella in her Princess Tower and spend time dressing up with her. Apparently I was too old L The boys got to practice sword fighting and archery and as a result there were manic six year olds running about waving wooden swords at everyone.

It was a good afternoon out and I wish we could have got there sooner and spent more time, but hey ho, we still had fun, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is visiting down this way.

 

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.