Existing Member?

Whispering tales of Magic

injuries

FRANCE | Tuesday, 6 April 2010 | Views [520]

Time is flying by so quickly! I might only have two more full weeks of guests left! Rumour has it that the last guests will leave on 17th April then we have a few days to clean the chalet and a bus will bring us home on Thursday 22nd April! When that rumour is confirmed I will let you all know.

It is now 30th March and the weather has gone bananas. Remember the storm we had a few weeks ago when it was minus 37 wind chill? Well after that the snow was fantastic, we had day after day of blue skies (this is why you haven’t heard from me much, been out skiing a lot!) In fact, we had so much sun and good weather the snow started melting. It was getting really ropey, all the roads were clear, the snow had gone from all the roofs, and the snow line was 2500 meters. Down at 1600 meters there was hardly any snow at all. The temperature went up to 19 degrees and we all have suntans! In fact, the weather was so great, that last week on day of we went to the water slide and I sat about sunbathing in my bra! I didn’t do the slide, as I was wearing my new boots, but the boys did and some of the tricks they were pulling were amazing, backward skiing, one ski, two people together, they were mad.

There was a gang of us sat around in deck chairs enjoying the sun and watching the water slide stunts and enjoying a glass of wine, or two, or possibly even three. In fact, it may have been more, as I can’t remember skiing home.......... ooops.

Just as all the resort managers were have crisis meeting talks about how much longer the resort could stay open if it didn’t snow soon, the weather changed again and another storm came over. We had 25cm of snow on Friday night, 50 cm on Saturday the snow line dropped to 800 meters and the temperature to zero and it is snowing again today, guess what I’m gonna be doing on day off this week! Yep, ski, ski, ski.

Last week I had a baby in my chalet for the first time and he was the cutest, smiley happy little thing you have ever met. His dad is desperate for him to start skiing, but as he was only five months old, he may have to wait a few years.

Things are getting ready for next year as well. I have got some new recipes to try out so the menu can be updated, so on Thursday instead of Laksa, I am making Lemon Chicken. The strangest recipe is Moroccan Pork, because of course, Morocco is so well known for its pork dishes- NOT!

I have had another compliment letter to head office, it was raving about how good I am, it’s actually quite embarrassing, but in it i am described as bottled magic, how cool is that!

Take care everyone and I will see you all soon xxxxx

 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.