Existing Member?

Hannah's Adventure Graduated, worked a while and decided enough is enough and took the plunge to book an around the world ticket and travel until the money runs out.

Christmas Downunder

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 24 January 2009 | Views [374]

Well Christmas was certainly different for me this year.  It did feel very stranage to be away from home, but we made sure we had a good one.

I spent Christmas with Liz who I met when I was in Sydney, Kirsty and Chris who Liz met in Fiji.  We decided that we would spend Christmas by the lagoon and cook a barbie for our dinner.  So we did a family size shop a couple of days before Christmas to make sure we had got everything that we would need.  The shops were much quieter than what we would see in the UK, no mad dashes, just very chilled out.

Christmas Eve, we started off with drinks and snacks in our dorm room, listening to Christmas songs to get us in the mood for the big day and then ventured out into Airlie Beach for a night out on the town - ending up in a club called Mama Africa's and eating pizza on the way home. 

This is the first Christmas ever, that I have woken up with a hangover, and perhaps will never repeat the hungover experience on Christmas day.  It was a slow moving morning, enjoying croissants with jam and bucks fizz.  We then went to the lagoon to enjoy the gorgeous weather, clear blue sky and extremely warm temperatures.  There were so many people down at the lagoon.  We ended up with quite a good crowd of people sitting around, talking and listening to more Christmas tunes that were on someones i-pod.

Early evening we started our barbie, true aussie style we made sure we had shrimps on the barbie, along with sausages and burgers.  Even though we hadn't done anything all day we had an early night watching Natonal Lampoons which was the film on TV. 

About hannah_on_her_travels


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.