Existing Member?

Hannah's Adventure Graduated, worked a while and decided enough is enough and took the plunge to book an around the world ticket and travel until the money runs out.

Woohoo Scooteroo

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 10 December 2008 | Views [393]

A brief stop in the Town of 1770 was made to join in the exciting scooter trip around this quirky small town.  Now I have to admit I have never been in control of a vehicle with only 2 wheels before and I was slightly nervous about it as I don't think I am covered on my travel insurance for activities such as this!

3pm about 50 of us set off on our scooters taking in the sights of 1770.  We stopped to look at kangaroos in the wild.  We were told we would be able to get really close to them if we were quiet and moved slowly when they were eating.  Some people don't know the word quiet and scared all of them away - which was really annoying.  Sunset was about 6pm and we made it to the viewing spot by the rocks to see the sun set over the hills which was a beautiful sight, whilst tucking into potato wedges and drinks. 

I did manage to get my red scooter to travel up to 80km p/h which I have a feeling is only 50 mph, but first time on 2 wheels it felt faster than that.  Such a great afternoon out - would reccommend this to anyone visiting the town. 

About hannah_on_her_travels


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.