Existing Member?

Hannah's Adventure Graduated, worked a while and decided enough is enough and took the plunge to book an around the world ticket and travel until the money runs out.

What a difference a year makes....

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 12 December 2008 | Views [406]

11th December last year I started working at Fred Olsen.  Exactly one year on and I decide to jump out of a plane....AGAIN!

I had been advised Mission Beach is a fantastic location to skydive, whereby you actually land on the beach.

I was certainly more nervous this time round than before - probably because I knew what I was letting myself in for.  I had booked an early morning skydive so that it wouldn't be too warm.

My skydiving partner was called Strop and I had Des doing the footage for me.  Des works at the hostel where I have been for the last 4 days.  He has been skydiving for the past 24 years and has jumped all over the world about 17,000 times!

We had a great crowd of people in the plane.  Another professional skydiver is from Essex, lived in Chelmsford and his Mum lives in Felixstowe - what a small world!

I think I screamed more this time on the way down - I will blame it on being 2,000 ft higher.  Half way through the freefall I lost my hair tie so my hair went everywhere!  The freefall lasted 60 secs and then the parachute opened and we glided gently onto the beach.  The view was amazing.  I could see Dunk Island, parts of the Great Barrier Reef.  Somedays, people see turtles swimming past - I didn't get to see any unfortunatly. 

The heat from 14,000ft (about 6 degrees) to the beach (30 degrees)was a real shock for me.  Once all the equipment was taken off me I felt like I was going to be ill.  A couple of hours later, a power nap and some food and I was fine.  If I will do these adrenalin fueled activities - what do I expect!  

About hannah_on_her_travels


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.