Existing Member?

Hannah's Adventure Graduated, worked a while and decided enough is enough and took the plunge to book an around the world ticket and travel until the money runs out.

To be or not to be a surfer chick?

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 20 November 2008 | Views [379]

Day 1 - surfing did not go well.  I couldn't get to grips with all the info we had been told and I kept nose diving into the sea even before having the opportunity to kneel on the board let alone stand!  I thought that at least I gave it a go and this activity would not be for me.

Day 2 - much better day, infact, I would go as far as saying that it was awesome!  Although I didn't like the 7am start for the lesson, and it wasn't very nice in the rain (I just imagined getting out and warming up by the sun!).  I had another go in the afternoon, snuck into the group that were having lessons and just practiced the moves over and over again.  It's true what they say though, it's addictive and I might be giving it another go somewhere up the coast.  Glad I didn't give up just after one lesson! But.....it's not as easy as it looks.  I am covered from head to toe in bruises and cuts (not really the beach look I was going for) and my whole body aches.  Think I will be taking it easy for the next couple of days whilst I am in Byron Bay.

We haven't had what I would describe as typical ozzy weather for the past 3 days.  Torrential rain would best describe what we have had to put up with.  Brisbane has been flooded, 8 inches of rain last night so the bus driver told me this morning, and a place called Ipswich just outside of Brisbane no longer exists as it has been washed away!

About hannah_on_her_travels


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.