Existing Member?

Hannah's Adventure Graduated, worked a while and decided enough is enough and took the plunge to book an around the world ticket and travel until the money runs out.

Arrived day of the races

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 10 November 2008 | Views [398]

It's been a while since I wrote.  I have spent the past week in Melbourne.  We were lucky enough to arrive on Melbourne Cup Day, which is a horse race that stops the nation.  We took a walk to Federation Square, loads of people watching the race on the big screen.  The race was a close finish, and I have no idea who won.  Mum had seen a horse called Mad Rush, which seemed appropriate for me if I knew how to put a bet on.  The horse was favourite, but didn't come close.

Since, we have taken things slowly here.  The city is huge and there is a lot to do.  We have visited the Rialto Tower and the Eureka Tower, which you get amazing views from.  The Eureka Tower was great as they have a thing called The Edge, which you stop into this glass box which moves out from the building, 88 floors up (tallest building in Australia).  We have a great action photo of us jumping around like looneys in this box.

Saturday night we took a walk along South Bank and went to the casino.  Wish we had one at home like this.  Anyone can go in, you can just watch if you don't want to place a bet.  There are cheaper things to go on as well as the more expensive.  We befriended a guy called Adam from Perth who let us spend his chips.  I started off by losing him money, then I won him $66 - not bad!

Sunday we took a tram to St Kilda.  I thought this place would be really small, but it was buzzing, probably helped with it being a sunny day.  We mooched around, spot of lunch and an ice cream.

About hannah_on_her_travels


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.