Existing Member?

Hannah and Jase's World Tour

Singapore: 23rd - 28th April.

SINGAPORE | Saturday, 28 April 2007 | Views [697]

Hello guys

Hannah and I have just arrived in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia in the evening of the 28th after spending 5 great days in Singapore. Relaxing and slowly working out our next route.

We both loved Singapore. For such a small island country there was so much to do. As life in Singapore is relatively expensive for south east Asia, it was here that Hannah and I experienced our first mixed dorms at the Betel Box Hostel. Lovely place despite being located in a lively red light district.

After the likes of south India it was a pleasant change to walk the spotlessly clean streets of Singapore, where everything was so pristine. Beautiful parks everywhere, even the traffic seemed clean, in a weird way. All dealt with by a draconian hand though, with signs everywhere that spitting, litter and chewing gum will attract hefty fines. Good.

Hannah and I spent our first two days (24th and 25th) visiting the museums and botanical gardens before having a lovely dinner at the Boat Quay, Singapore River. Impressive scenes.

On the evening of the 25th, Hannah and I went on the betel box weekly pub crawl, which was great fun but. Unfortunately, alcohol in Singapore is so expensive but Hannah was able to have lots of fun as it was a Wednesday night and therefore ladies' night whereby all their club admissions and drinks were free!

Taken in by the speal that Singapore Zoo is supposed to be one of the most beautiful zoos in the world, on the 26th and for Hannah's birthday on the 27th we bought a Combi Singapore Zoo and Singapore Night Safari ticket to cover the 2 days. It was great, a certain highlight to be able to see all the nocturnal animals, tigers etc, lively and up close and personal. No cages in sight. All the animals are in their own habitat as much as they can be thanks to the tropical climate. Good fun and very scenic. The zoo covers such a large area that tourists can in a way be absorbed, which is great.

Now in Australia and 10 hours in front of the brits, it seems our cheaper days are behind us so more hostels and self catering required! Our plan is to remain in Brisbane for about a week and make a plan for the next 2 months.

Cheers

Jason and Hannah

Tags: Culture

 

 

Travel Answers about Singapore

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.