Existing Member?

Hannah and Jase's World Tour

South Thailand: 9th April - 23rd April.

THAILAND | Monday, 23 April 2007 | Views [775]

Hi guys

Hannah and I have just arrived in Singapore after 3 great weeks in Bangkok and sun tanning South Thailand, where we have had great fun experiencing Songkran (the thai new year) and lazily sunbathing on the very impressive tropical islands just off the west coast of south thailand, the andamon sea.

As it had been arranged that Hannah and I were going to meet up with some of her friends, Ray and Sarah who were both our for a thai 10 days holiday, we left Cambodia on 9th April and headed straight to Bangkok where we stayed until the 15th and got totaaly drenched constantly for 4 days as a result of the Songkran festivities. Literally, the whole of Bangkok had shut up for the new year and everyone was on the streets like a huge dance floor chucking iced cold water over everyone, no surviviors. The drinks vendors had their fridge freezers parked on the road making a killing and hundreds of people constantly paid money to get their 'ghostbusters' water gun packs refilled with water ready to squirt all living 'dry people'. Good fun. Great photos. Hannah and I got totally drenched, teaming up, runningf around squirting lots of old ladies with really cold water, he, he, he.

On the evening of the 15th, the 4 of us, took an overnight sleeper train down tyo south thailand and arrived at Krabi early on the 16th. Krabi is on the west coast on the Andamon Sea and victim to the tsunami. We decided to head to Krabi because we had heard that as a port it had perfect access to all of the tropical islands just off the coast, including Mayo beach, location for the film - "the beach".

As Ray and Sarah were with us for a few days and on holiday mode we all made sure that we did lots of activities and tours to make up for all the travelling we had been doing. So, from 17th to 20th we did 2 boat day trips to the islands allowing us to visit the Phi Phi islands (18th) and the 4 islands (Poda island) on the 20th and do some really impressing snorkelling in white sands, turquiose clear warm seas! Brilliant. Great photos with an underwater camera of happy faces, coral and some funky fish! Although the scenary was first class at Mayo beach, it was slightly ruined by the fact that as a victim of its own success, it has become so busy. We have sent back some really scenic postcards for you all!

On the 17th, we did some kayaking and sea caving in the infamous Krabi sea caves and paddled through the overgrown mangroves. Amazing location. Thankfully it was only after the kayaking when we were having lunch on the river having moored the kayaks that we could see the crocidiles swimming by! crazy. On the 19th we did some sunbathing on the local beach - Ao Nanang and did some horseriding on the beach in the sunset, which was lovely but slightly crazy as the very young horses were clearly too lively for us novices.

So after saying goodbye to Ray and Sarah on 20th, Hannah and I travelled 150 km up the coast to Phuket ready to get our flight to Singapore on 23rd, alas we are now here. The plan is to remain in Singapore for 5 days and do the sights and research Australia in full preparation for our much anticipated flight to Brisbane on the 28th. Bye Bye South east Asia. End of another chapter....

Cheers

Jase and Hannah

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.