Existing Member?

Hannah and Jase's World Tour

Goa 9-11 Jan (Palolem)

INDIA | Thursday, 11 January 2007 | Views [759]

A cow walks into a restaurant....(this is no joke)...it did! Hannah and I were walking through the streets of Palolem and a cow walked into a restaurant towards the bar in between the food tables! The waiters just carried on as per normal, probably as cows are sacred here in India and seem to roam the streets at their leisure with the goats and boars.

Palolem has been full of sunbathing and swimming in the sea. Sea is so warm that for once I actually enjoyed swimming in it. Too used to freezing my arse of in the british seas, nearly put me off for life!

This is our last day in Palolem and the beach huts, been here since 7 Jan. We have booked a sleeper bus to take us from the local town of chaudi tonight to hampi in central karnataka, the next state further south, so we continue our travels south. The journey will take us about 10 hours. The bus has beds and if you travel alone then you have to share a bed with someone! The lonely planet guide says not to expect a deep sleep...

Palolem was for the beach and the food but hampi is inland and will be very cultural. Hampi has some amazing history it seems, and has lots of temples and ruins to see. Hampi, I believe as a more islamic grounding so hannah will have to cover those knees and shoulders of hers and alcohol is forbidden. I thnk the plan will be to stay there for a few days and then head further south to Kerala via Mysore maybe.

India is so big, a subcontinent. I should compare it with the UK sometime when the scales are right. It seemed we had travelled a long way when we travelled from Mumbai to Goa in the night but in India terms it was not far at all! There is absolutely no way we will be able to look at the north.

North is desert and camels and South is supposed to be more beaches, ruins and temples.

Tags: Relaxation

 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.