Existing Member?

Hannah and Jase's World Tour

Goa: 3 Jan - 8 Jan

INDIA | Monday, 8 January 2007 | Views [459]

Hannah and I have now been in Goa since Jan 3. It took us 13 hours by train to travel south from Mumbai to reach Goa state. We were in a carriage where there is 6 beds that convert to seats, although very basic I was quite impressed. We went 3 AC class and it was the best sleep I had had up to that point. Vitually every 15 minutes, waiters came by selling samosas and bhajis, it was great. We bought 12 onion bhajis for about 10 rupees - 15p! Our first stop was Colva beach. We arrived there for about 7.30 pm after setting out at 6.30 am! We stayed there a couple of nights, staying a bit longer when we heard that there was a party on the saturday night.

I persuaded Hannah to play chess with me, whereafter an 8 year old russian challenged me. I later found that he is a chess master! I lost. In Colva we basically ate fresh seafood (tuna, shark and lobster!) and sunbathed!

On Sunday 7th Jan Hannah and I took some buses from Colva to Palolem, in the very south of Goa state. This is supposed to be the most scenic beach in Goa with Palm trees and beach huts as accomodation. We are staying in a beach hut on stilts. The walls are made of bamboo sheets, it is great, but obviously you hear everything! Here I have been sunbathing, just trying to get a base tan as the place looks so majestic but there is nothing else to do but sunbathe and swim - wow, so warm! It is great as the beach is long but still in a clove so the waters are calm.

Hannah and I hired a boatman to take us out to sea to watch the sun set and we are off sea fishing tomorrow, with a 9.00 am start, 3.30 am - your time.

We will probably stay here a few more days (why not!) and then move further south to the state of Kerala.

Tags: Relaxation

 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.