Existing Member?

Travel mad!! Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Grand Trek- July/Aug 2008

UNITED KINGDOM | Sunday, 30 August 2009 | Views [799]

Well its a little late but i need to write something about my 6 weeks in America last year!! The only thing i need to say is that i spent all that time travelling round with an amazing group of people in a van and camping!! We saw some amazing sights, stayed in some weird campsites and basically lived it up in every state we went to!! And i think we went to 27............. 

The best places were San Francisco, New Orleans and i loved the National Parks. The Grand Canyon was one of my favourites and possibly the worst one was Zion National Park!! Not because it wasn't beautiful but because it had the scariest hike imaginable!! We pulled ourselves up the cliff face using iron chains or walking up steep steps in the cliffside. The trail was very narrow in places and there were sheer drops either side. Its a wonder we made it out alive!! I have to say as well that i missed the amazing view at the top because i was just so relieved to make it up there in one piece i forgot to look!! Thankfully some clever person on our trip took a picture of the view!!

We got drunk in Vegas........ texas......... washington DC....... New Orleans......... South Dakota........ erm........ well every state we visited really!! No matter where we were though it was made better by the fact that we were all enjoying it together and even now we're good friends.

God Bless America...............

Tags: america, drinking, hiking, national parks, trek

About gypsy_hannah


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.