Existing Member?

Curly and Gay´s Grand Adventure Two dumb blondes traveling to find sun, fun and flirts!

KL... KL. ? No Kuala Lumpur

MALAYSIA | Wednesday, 8 April 2009 | Views [759] | Comments [1]

We decided to leave Singapore in flying colors and flew with Tiger Air to Kuala Lumpur. The taxi driver told us that we were flying from the “budget terminal” and we felt like proper back packers for a minute or two. We landed with out a place to stay so we sat down in a cafe in China Town and each took turn to go out and look for a hotel. Kiddi went first and came back with horror stories of smelly rooms, dirty sheets and furry bathrooms. I found a nice homely place, and we got a clean and spacious room on the 9th floor. It's called 5 elements? “What elements are there, I asked as we checked in? There is of course, Earth, Wind and Fire? Isn't that a band, I say and laugh?

We've been to see the Petronas Towers and got in trouble on the way. We were just walking and an Indian woman shouts out to us? We don't understand what she is saying but we soon realize that we are walking in front of a temple? We are half way and we don't know if we should continue walking or go back? Kiddi continues to walk and I go back. We discuss why we don't see Temples even though they are right in front of us? Maybe we should start walking with our eyes open? We walk passed Kuala Lumpur tower on the way there, which is the 4th largest tower in the world. Petronas towers are impressive but we both agree that seeing over hundred of workers eat lunch in front of a construction site near by will leave a bigger and longer lasting impression on us. We walk around the KLAK mall and decide to go to the cinema. It's Kiddi's turn to choose the movie. We ate amazing food in China town and walked around the stalls selling designer bags, shoes, watches and sunglasses. We got harassed a lot, a lot, a lot but we liked it!!! We especially liked it when they asked if we wanted to buy “Louise Vuitton”. Is she a sister of the famous Louis Vuitton?

Comments

1

loksins loksins fékk ég skammtinn minn! úff, þegar maður er orðinn svona háður er rosalegt að fara alveg cold turkey í svona langan tíma! Plís veriði nú dugleg að skrifa það sem eftir er ferðarinnar... sem styttist ískyggilega!!!
Sakn, kossar og knús og megiði njóta sólarinnar fyrir okkur öll! ;)

  maría Apr 9, 2009 1:22 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.