Existing Member?

Curly and Gay´s Grand Adventure Two dumb blondes traveling to find sun, fun and flirts!

Singapore Sling

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 23 March 2009 | Views [815] | Comments [6]

We left Tamara Negra on the bus with our two new Dutch friends Sarah and Laura. The bus was old, older and oldest and there was a sign indicting that we could not spit on the floor. I'm glad they made that clear! The bus ride was only 1 and half hour and unusually pain free? We landed in a town called Jerantut, and we said goodbye to the girls and went looking for the train station. We asked a number of people and they all said,”over there behind the temple”, and we just could not see any temple? Maybe they were all pulling our legs? So we did what we always do, sing and walk and sing and somehow we always seem to find what we are looking for. Kiddi bought us tickets on the train. There was no first class, no 2 class, no 3 class, no nice seats, all the same seats and as a special treat no AC. Joy. We had some time to kill so we sat in front of KFC until it opened at 10 o'clock. We watched people and they watched us? Well, Kiddi? We sang and danced to Lady Gaga that was blearing out from the nearest phone shop. Life was good for now. We boarded the “all the same seats” train and it was crowded, noisy and hot! We sat down and we were instantly miserable. 8 hours to go! Yeah! We tried to sleep but there was talking, there was shouting and children crying. We got more and more hot, sweaty and the smallest things started to annoy us. The only bright moment was the 10 minutes when Kiddi did my hair in pony tails and all the muslin women around us chuckled. We had promised ourselves that we were going to go down a star or two accommodation wise, but after 7 hours and 5o minutes on the train we both caved in. We decided to stay in a 4 star hotel. We needed pampering, hot shower, proper TV channels, Egyptian cotton and room service. WE ARE FLASH PACKERS AT HEART! So after confusing the immigration a little bit by being Icelandic and beautiful, we got a stamp in our passport and checked into our hotel. Heaven!

We decided to jump on the hop-on hop-off buses and see the city. On the bus it read that they were “topless for our pleasure”. We did enjoyed the view and the sights a lot but we got a little hot and bothered by being topless for two hours. We forgot to hop off and cool down in the shade. We walked in Little India during the day and passed stalls and shops selling watches and materials for saris. There was a lovely smell in the air of spices and Nan bread. We walked in Little India in the evening and saw crowds of men walking, sitting on the street or standing talking. This time we decided to enjoy the food so we inhaled two types of curries with bread and diet coke. We went to the Singapore Flyer (big wheel like the London Eye) and saw 360 degree view of the city from air. We walked in China Town and went to an Internet cafe to Skype home. We were not so impressed as China town in the big Apple is all around more impressive. We took the cable car to Sentosa Island and I nearly died on the way there because I've developed a fear of heights (more about that later). We got there and realized that it was a huge tourist trap so we got the first train out of there. Phew! We've been out a few times. We went for a drink at Raffles Hotel and of course drank Singapore Slings. Oh, they are delicious! I drank all of mine and half of Kiddi's. We went to Swissotel, which is the tallest building here in Singapore and we took the lift to 70th floor and drank Vodka and tonic. View was amazing! Kiddi has now 4 new BFF. Two (hot) Australian guys, one British guy and one very tall Chinese guy. We have also managed to relax a little bit and eat some what normal food like bagels with cream cheese.

On a personal note, I've officially become an old woman, or so I'm told. I think this might be due to over exposure to the sun causing free radicals to go bonkers in my brain, lack of fruit and vegetables in my diet (vegetable crackers do not count and neither does vitamin C Mentos), and pollution causing me to..... experience fear of heights. This has taken me totally by surprise as I was hoping this would in fact happen later rather than sooner. But instead of getting depressed about it I'm going to embrace being a senior citizen so I've ordered a state of the art zimmer frame, hearing aid, reading glasses and booked an appointment with my dentist so I can have dentures fitted. Happy days! I just wish Kiddi was more understanding, as he continually whispers under his breath, KERLING!





Comments

1

haha þú ert yndisleg. Gaman að þú skulir vera komin í hóp heldri borgara. Skúrmí

  mamma Mar 24, 2009 1:00 AM

2

Ohhh þið eruð yndisleg!!

  Huldabeib Mar 25, 2009 2:30 AM

3

Vá! bara livin it large í Singapore!!Líst vel á ykkur en veit ekki alveg hvað mér á að finnast um þetta svokallaða "bakpoka" ferðalag ykkar... hélt það gengi út á brjálaðan peningasparnað, óþægindi, skít og fleira þess háttar ;)

  María Mar 25, 2009 6:01 AM

4

IHHHHHH thid erud nú meira fólkiid! hihihi

  sara Sigurdardottir Mar 25, 2009 9:49 AM

5

Ég skil ykkur svo vel, ég færi ekki í bakpokaferdalag nema vera búinn ad redda mér gistingu á fínum hótelum.

  bjöggi Apr 3, 2009 3:07 AM

6

erudi bara hætt ad blogga????? sjáumst eftir 3 daga beibí!!!!

  sara Sigurdardottir Apr 7, 2009 7:43 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.