Existing Member?

Curly and Gay´s Grand Adventure Two dumb blondes traveling to find sun, fun and flirts!

Perhentian Paradise...

MALAYSIA | Saturday, 14 March 2009 | Views [886] | Comments [2]

Entrapped in Paradise?

- We left Krabi early in the morning on a musical torture mini bus! Kiddi could only take it for so long and asked the driver to turn the music down. We stopped at a road side restaurant and Kiddi had to of course pose for a few pictures for his fans.... this time young girls wearing head scarfs and long skirts.

-We arrived at Hat Yai and walked to the train station around the corner. We were told that we could only get a low class ticket, which meant that we had to stand for 5 hours. I, have a mini breakdown and cry out that there is no way I will except that. Therefore, we decide to find the bus station and were we get a ticket leaving, RIGHT NOW. When the mini van drives away we realize that no one knows where we are in the world so I text quickly to my sister. We have left there, are here and going there?

-We arrive in Sungai Kolok and cross the border to Malaysia without any problems. We get mobbed by taxi drivers offering to drive us here there and everywhere. We walk on and a older man starts talking to us. He seems to know what he is talking about... Bus cost xxxxx and taxi costs xxxx, and if you want to go there in a taxi it's only 110km? It's a lot quicker? Blablabla? And before we know it we are in a taxi with a crazy driver that spits out the window. After about an hour we both realize that we didn't pay any attention to where the driver was going to take us? Is it Tok Bali or Kuala Besut? Och well, we will arrive somewhere?

-And we do, in Kuala Besut. We arrive in dark and are taken to an agency that sells tickets to Perhentian Islands. A fat man with a mustache says the ticket costs 70 ringgit and if we can find a place that sells the tickets cheaper he will match it. We know as well as him that all the other travel agents in this small town are closed by now so we buy tickets for the 8.30 boat in the morning.

-We are so tired by now (traveling for 13 hours) that we book into the first hotel we see. It is dirty and horrible. But it will do.

-We don't want to go out but we have not eaten proper breakfast or lunch, so we are starving Hank Marvin. As we walk down the street we are aware that we are the only white people around? People stare and kids shout hi and run away. We sit down in the 3rd cafe along and try to order food. No one understands English so the conversation becomes quite comical in the end? I order fried vegetables and rice and get noddle soup! It was a good soup!

-We are both grumpy and tired when we go to sleep. We wake up at 5 o'clock with loud singing from a speaker coming from the nearest mosque and then the rosters starts to talk. We walk down to the peer without having a shower or breakfast. We are escorted into a small boat, which is full of French people. Did we buy a ticket with the fast boat or the slow boat? Neither one of us knows? Last night is a blur? “Have you noticed that French people have this one particular facial expression” says Kiddi and scrunches up his face. I laugh out loud and we are both happy again.

-We arrive at the beach after being transferred into a taxi boat just outside the bay. We haven't discussed where we are going to stay but the first hotel we see looks the business and I say “fuck it”, we are staying here!

-We shower (and fell human again) and go down for a spot of breakfast. As we are sitting enjoying our omelet, beans and toast and watching the blue sea and white sand, a 1.5 meter iguana walks by? We both laugh? We have arrived in paradise.....

-We spend the next days sunbathing, watching hot men, swimming in the sea, watching hot men, scuba diving, watching hot men, snorkeling, eating great food, watching hot men, playing Olsen Olsen, watching a full moon, drinking wine, watching hot men, walking on the beach....

-Life doesn't get any better that this?????????????????

P.s just uploaded a bunch of pictures from here! Remember to comment!


Comments

1

hæ gAMAN!

hér er enn svalt og ég hef séð nokkra sæta menn en þeir voru allir kappklæddir

  bjöggi Mar 14, 2009 9:52 AM

2

Vá! svaka ferðalag, finnst ykkur ekki mesta sjokkið þegar enginn talar ensku... gjörsamlega ENGINN!??
En ég get lofað ykkur því að þið eruð ekki að missa af neinu hér á klakanum, allir heitu gæjarnir virðast hafa lagst í dvala eða flúið land ;)
En ég er svakalega heit! Búin að vera með hita í næstum viku núna, gaman gaman
Haldið áfram að skemmta ykkur sem best, do it for life!!
ástarkveðjur

  María Mar 14, 2009 10:27 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.