Existing Member?

Rebel with a cause 6 weeks, 2 countries, 4 climates and just myself to explore :-)!

End of a life trip

PERU | Thursday, 5 December 2013 | Views [353]

So my last day in Cusco I spent just chilling, playing on the internet, last minute shopping and massage pampering :-). Let's just say I am ready to go back to the real world.
So the trip back is for sure going to kill my last brain cells. After getting up at 4.30am for an 8am flight I am told airport is closed due to a storm. So great start to my trip back. Let's just say that Cusco airport doesnt have the best resources to be stuck there for 5h. But I patiently wait and finally leave around 1pm for Lima. Once there I have lost all appetite to go and visit the city. Knowingly well that I have another 11h wait for my next flight.
Lima airport is a little bit more modern and does have a starbucks. Lets just say my bum got very acquinted with a chair there! I did also manage to have a pedicure and foot massage. So at 12.30am finally I boarded my next flight. By now I am starting to feel really tired. So another 7h flight to land in Atlanta where I go through a very smooth inmigration process. I then get into line to board for my next flight to Sakt Lake city. By now I feel like a rollacoster! Its a 4h flight there. Salt lake city is covered in snow but it is a beautiful day with the sun shinning. A small break here, including a mcdonalds makes me get my energy back for my last flight home!
I finally arrive to Portland at 5pm on the 5th of December.
It has been just shy of 6weeks of a holiday. I have visited an arrange of settings from mountain, to beach to jungle. I have been adventurous and I have been cultural. I have been alone and I have met a lot of wonderful people. So let's just say that even though I am happy to be home I would definitely encourage a trip like this to anyone.
The end :-) xxx

 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.