Existing Member?

Rebel with a cause 6 weeks, 2 countries, 4 climates and just myself to explore :-)!

Weekend in Cusco

PERU | Saturday, 30 November 2013 | Views [297]

Saturday after the trip to Machu Pichu. I woke up refreshed after the exhausting trip. My intnetions were to not do much for thr next few days since its my last 5 days and want to make sure I am not exhausted when I land back in PDX.
Of course, things never go as planned...
This weekend has been hectic. I caught up with the Spanish friends I met up to go to Machu Pichu as well as a couple from Argentina who they knew and we spent Saturday eating. I started the day with breakfast followed by an invite to a second breakfast (slice of chocolate cake was had :-)) and then continuing with a lunch of fish fest. Fried fish, Octopus Ceviche, Rice with seafood, strips of raw fish in lemon juice, etc... Lets just say that by 3pm I was about to explode!
Oh, but here comes the best, I have signed up for a Peruvian cooking class at 5.30 to continue with the food trend. Very interesting as we are taken to the Market tp buy our produce for the meal, and then shown how to cook: Pisco Sour, Crema de Choclo, Lomo Salteado followed by a chocolate fondue with fruit....
So Sunday came along I made sure I limited my food intake and spent most of the day just talking with my Spanish friends and going to bed early!!! Can I say that holidays are exhausting.

 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.