Existing Member?

Rebel with a cause 6 weeks, 2 countries, 4 climates and just myself to explore :-)!

Hiking up Ruminahuri

ECUADOR | Friday, 1 November 2013 | Views [155]

Not much happened on Halloween day. Caught up with sleep, light walk and jacuzzi time. In bed by 8.30p, bliss!
So for today I booked a nice hike up Ruminahuri (4700m). Hiking just myself with a guide. Set off at 8am with a small car ride up the hill to the start of the path. Lets just say that it was going to be one long hike going up, and up, and up.... There were parts where you had to scramble over rocks, jump creeks and hang on to your dear life so as not to fall down the cliff. The scenery was just fantastic though. I couldnt have asked for a better day. Not a lot of clouds and a clear view of the volcanos around. Spectacular views of Mt Cotopaxi as you will see from the pics, i did finally make it to the top, only to be told by Darwin the guide that lightning was pretty bad at this altittude and even saw a rock that had been shattered by it! Lets just say we didnt stay at the top for very long. The walk down was made more painful by blisters coming up on both feet :-(. But after 19km and a 6h hike i think i came out quite well.
I've spent the rest of the afternoon on the sofa reading by the fire place as a reward! Tomorrow is the end of the Cotopaxi adventure. Back to Quito for a night to plan next stop.

 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.