Existing Member?

Mi Querida Sudamerica

on my way home already

ARGENTINA | Friday, 18 July 2008 | Views [632]

A lot has happened since the last entry, classes have long been over and ended well. I had a few fun parties, one included carolina´s 21 birthday. I taught everyone flip cup and it was a big hit. One night I went to alamo and ended up inviting my friend´s ¨boy friend¨ and his friend to 100 pesos of tequila shots, oops. I said i would invite one of the guys to a drink for editing a paper for me, but i went a bit overboard.

Last weekend I made thanksgiving dinner for some friends just for the fun of it. I was out an hour and a half looking for a turkey and finally setteled on buying 2 chickens. Everything turned out surprisingly good despite all the improvising due to the lack of ingredients. It was almost everyones first time trying gravy, candied yams, and stuffing and it all went over well. The next night (my very last saturday night in Bs. As.) Erika and I went out with a group of mexican fiends of hers and I finally found my favorite boliche, Roxy.

Erika got a new roommate because her current british roomie is moving to the states in august. the new girl is from Rio de Janiero, Brazil and is a real character. She talks really fast and uses words in portuguese now and then so sometimes we dont really understand. And once in awhile she throws a word in english in if she doest know it in spanish because she lived in New York for two months and picked up some english. She is super friendly and i think everything will go well.

Today at 4:30 am the senate voted against the retentions (the 40% tax ag products that producers have to pay). That means the farmers strike should be over, but you never know here.

Tonight is my last night and Im going to alamo, one of my favorite bars. Im kinda sad, but i want to visit my family. I´ll miss my friends here and all the free time i have. But im ready to quit bumming around i think, and I cant wait to eat pancakes with maple syrup!

 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.