Existing Member?

Mi Querida Sudamerica

Moving to Recoleta

ARGENTINA | Sunday, 20 April 2008 | Views [660]

I moved to Recoleta a week ago. I basically ran away from the other house because they kept talking to me like I couln´t understand them and it got really annoying. I didn´t tell anyone I was leaving until I was about to go to the taxi. I love my new place. The apartment is extremely old and really bohemian looking. The women I live with is friendly and has a really interesting life. She was married to a professional polo player and lived in Europe for awhile. She also wrote a book that just got published. Her granddaughter is 12 and she lives at the apartment part of the time. She´s pretty good company. The one thing that I´m not used to yet is the very small portions of food designated for dinner and breakfast. I feel like Im at fat camp, but at least I don´t have to eat mass quantities of steak like at the other house.

Buenos Aires right now is a bit hazy and it smells like burning leaves which coincides perfectly with the fall like weather lately. The smoke is from fires in the fields in provincia. I haven´t read about it at all but some people tell me its to renew the fields and other people think it has something to to with the protests.

Time is flying here, I´ve got my first midterm tuesday, so I haven´t had much time to go out and have fun. I´m alredy looking forwad to next weeked and its only Sunday.   

 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.