Existing Member?

My new life begins at LAX a journal of my 3 months living and working in Phnom Penh, and beyond.

The Journey Begins

MALAYSIA | Tuesday, 9 September 2008 | Views [765]

Since my last entry a lot has happened.

I went to Kep for 3 days. A sleepy coastal town where the thick jungle goes right up to the sand. Kep was super relaxing and beautiful. I'm sure I will come back.

I went back to Phnom Penh. Couch surfed at Nabil's house (another positive experience). My last night in PP I went out with the new volunteers and had a wild night. It was the first friday of the month so we went to elsewhere. They have a pool. I got thrown in the pool with all my clothes on, it was fun.

The next day I flew to Kuala Lumpur, and I have been here since. It is wierd being back. When I came here on my way to Cambodia I found KL to be way too Westernized. Now I kind of enjoy some of the comforts of home. Example: I ate at California Pizza Kitchen (so good).

Today I walked across the sky bridge between the Petronas twin towers. It was amazing.

There are so many more things I want to write, but things are hectic and I rarely have access to a computer anymore. This will have to do for now, and hopefully I will be able to go into more detail on my future adventures.

 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.