Existing Member?

My travels Down Under

My birthday in Freemantle and Perth

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 3 December 2008 | Views [267]

On the 29th Nov (my Birthday!) Debs, Andy and I went to Freemantle for the day. We got there mid-morning and spent some time going around the covered market. We then went to wait for our frien Caz, who is also in Australia at the moment and just drove across from Victoria with a friend. We met them and had lunch at Cicerellos, a really good fish and chip place next to the harbour at Freemantle. Im the afternoon we had a quick paddle, then we took Caz to the covered market. In the evening we went out in Perth. We stayed on the south side and caugh a ferry into the city. In Perth they have this great free bus service which coveres the main areas of the city. We hopped in one of those and got out at Northbridge. We had an Italian for dinner, then we went to a couple of pubs, and ended up in a club. It was great as they have a live band on who played rock music, some songs were completely Australian and I had never heard of them! The club was like nothing I had seen before, it had a large open area at one end where the smokers could be, and the rest was indoors, with corrugated iron as the roof. It was great and we all had a good time. On the sunday we went to King's Park, a lovely outdoor area in Perth, situated high up so you got a stunning view across the CBD. we lazed about there for the morning and I went back to Phil and Anns in the afternoon.

 

About greamy


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.