Existing Member?

My travels Down Under

Trip to Margaret River

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 28 November 2008 | Views [231]

I've had quite a busy few days recently. My friends Debbie and Andy from Uni came over to Perth to meet up. They have been over for 2 years and will be leaving in 2 weeks to go back home! They hired a car and came to stay up and my aunt and uncles (Phil and Ann) for a week, and used it as a base for us three to go exploring. They arrived on the Monday 24th and on the Tuesday we drove down to Margaret River, a famous wine growing region of Australia. We stayed for 2 nights in this little cottage actually in the town of Margaret River, which was really lovely, the surrounds wee full of birds. On my second morning there I was woken up by laughing Kookaburras! We went to 10 wineries over the 3 days we spent in the area, and tried to get to small boutique ones wch weren't available in the UK. The area also had a chocolate factory, fudge factory and loads of places which made cheese. Needless to say we had the big problem of trying them all! While we were in the south-west, we went to the Karri forests - this type of tree can grow up to 90m/300ft tall! and went down to Cape Leeuwin, where the Indian and the Southern Ocean meet. On the way back up to Perth, we stopped at a small seaside town called Busselton, were we walked along the Jetty  - 1841m long! it was very windy when we out on it. I also had a paddle in the sea, it was so clear and warm. While on the jetty we saw a stingray close to the shore, but by the time I got down there it had moved off.

 

About greamy


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.