Existing Member?

Second Honeymoon

Day 6 Second Day in Vegas

USA | Sunday, 23 August 2009 | Views [204]

Well, where to start with Day 2 in Vegas?..

 Last night we were suckered into cheap show tickets to see Criss Angel, the Mind Freak Magician. If you don't know who he his, check him our on youtube.com. Some really incredible stunts, his most popular is the mobile phone being slammed into an empty beer bottle!

Anyway, long story short. We were told that all we had to do was go and check out this new hotel being built and then tell all our friends about it etc etc...I payed the $50 (tickets normally start at over $100 each)and booked our time for 1pm today.

 When we arrived for the 'tour' we found out it was bloody time share! Anyway we had already paid and I really wanted to see Criss Angel. So we went along for the tour and free lunch. Sat through the presentation, laughed and clapped along with it all, our representative was an older woman who just loooooved the whole idea of timeshare. After the free dinner we were shown the 2 bedroom condo and then whisked away for the hard sell. We sat through the whole charade and then when asking questions like can we paint it the colour we want?, can we change things? etc etc..she started getting mean and really trying to push the sale. I thought it was funny, especially when a manager came over and the prices just got smaller and smaller! When we finally said no, the manager up and left without saying goodbye, thank you, kiss my arse or anything. We were escorted from the 'signing area' by a very pissed off woman who even tried laying a guilt trip on us by saying that this job puts food on her table and it's her choice to do it...I laughed out loud and said that she should choose her career path more wisely. With a quick 'have a good life' she turned and was gone!. But we still had to collect our free tickets which meant going through two more people asking why we didn't buy, what can they do better etc...I was very candid and told them exactly what I though about their techniques of entrapment and shitty salespeople when the offer is declined. We got our tickets and then boarded the bus to hear the same stories from all the other couples that declined. The ones that signed were given a limo ride...anyway, more friends were made and the trip was a laugh a minute..

We had an early night that night as we had to get up early for our rafting adventure tomorrow..

About grahams_on_tour


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.