Existing Member?

Adventures of the Fittons

Thursday 27th October 11, Baga, Goa, India

INDIA | Thursday, 27 October 2011 | Views [402]

Goa, You made me fall in love with your beautiful appearance,  but boy, you don’t have a very nice character. The beaches are very pretty and the area has everything it needs to be an amazing holiday destination, being drenched in culture and having great food. If not for the men.  As Goa is a Christian province in India and touristy I decided to take a chance and go for some sunbathing as I did not even try in Mamallapuram as Graham was in the water all the time. It kind of ended in tears. I have never felt so intimidated and insulted in my life, when Graham went for a 10 minute swim groups of men walked up to me and the other girls sunbathing there in our bikini and went pass us standing on 2 meters of us looking at us. As I told them to go away as this was very rude, they merely smiled and said, ‘I know’ with a sleazy grin on his face. The three other groups that followed were armed with camera’s and took photo’s of us, after our abjections and obviously not caring, I had it with so much rudeness.  And the best of all was when I was on my way home, I walked into a guy masturbating in the not so much hiding bushes, I mean seriously? In broad day light? Kids walk pass there. My god! The women are really nice here and there are very friendly men as well. But there is a group that obviously got the wrong idea from the media about western women and how you can behave towards them. Then again, there is a big group of Russian tourist here on package holidays who obviously didn’t got the memo on how to dress appropriately either. Walking around shopping in town in their bikini barely hiding the bare essentials. They would be stared at even in Europe. Anyhow it’s time to get a move on again.

 
 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.