Existing Member?

Adventures of the Fittons

Monday 24th October 11, Goa, India

INDIA | Monday, 24 October 2011 | Views [549]

One of the nicest views I’ve seen moves by around us as we drive true the Goan countryside around Baga. We went on a little adventure on the hunt for yoga lessons and silk for our future house’s curtains. And the colonial buildings we see on the way, surrounded by sky high palm trees and green lush bushes makes it look like the perfect holiday destination. Grom has never done much scooter driving before, but proves to be a natural as he wizzes along through the traffic getting good at the old beep beep, that everyone uses to warn the other people on the road, making it sound like a constant sound symphony on this continent.

A lady in a shop tells us where we can find the nicest silk, so we end up driving to Mapusa, not realising that it’s a city. Thank god when we arrive, the market is on the outside of the city, so we don’t have to keep driving in the busy city traffic. We find great silk at this shop where this local lady guides us. Not without asking us to come and look at her shop of course. But as she has nice stuff, we buy a shawl from her.

As we wizz back from Mapusa, proud on our buy, we go to Anjuna, to find out it’s a bit of a stoner vile really. In the 30 min we are there we get three Marihuana offers, which is a record really. Unfortunately there is no yoga going on, so I guess itsgonne be some more home training for me. But that’s Ok, because my present awaits me when we get back.

Graham got me the most gorgeous, double string, engaging,  pearl necklace with matching earrings  from Hyderabad, the place to be for pearls in India. It looks amazing and I can’t wait to wear it at dinner. I feel like a little prince today in my own eastern paradise.

 

 
 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.