Existing Member?

Adventures of the Fittons

Friday 17th June 11 - Ilha Grande

BRAZIL | Friday, 17 June 2011 | Views [390] | Comments [1]

Ilha Grande, beautiful, amazing, paradise. othing else to be sad. And to think we nearly didn~t come here.What a mistake that would have been. We finally find a place to truely relax. Looking out of our little room across the whole bay filled with yachts and pleasure boats. Surrounded by rain forest. The room is beautiful and seems to be build from salvaged items from old sailing ships. From the painting of the 74 gun battle ship Amerika om the wall, to the beautifully crafted cabwater by seafaring craftmen, to the portholes for windows, it is only summed up by the brass captain sign op the door.

We went of on a hike thrue the rain forest to the other side of the island to the beach Lopez Mendez and are glad we brought our hiking boots as it~s truely is hiking. Beautyful scenery, ascient trees and roots that form natural steps up the mountain and breath taking views over the bay from the top of each peak. After two ours and numerous beaches and hills we finally arrive to a beauifull bay and quite a few people around and surfing. Can~t help but wonder if they realise what they have missed by taking the boat here.

We have some fun body surfing in the waves and allowing Loes to get her confidence back before we had  to a shelterd bay to snorkel. No amazing fish to see, but Loes ot the hang of swimming down deep and learning tp clean the snorkel without panicing.

As the day disapears, it gets dark here at 17.30, we take a ferry fisherboat back to the other side to our little home. On the way we meet this dutch couple, Evelien and Peter, and plan to have dinner out with them that evening which turned out t be a great time. After we feed of Dorado an a few Caprinha]s it~s off to cake chick with her little stall on the street who does the most amazing  cakes and a little tart like now other. being a Fryday the buzz is nice in the little town and we boogy away the night with out new friends to the samba beats of the local band.

 

Comments

1

hallo,
nice stories and nice photo's ; we are back home; holydays almost completed; nice days in Veerse Meer and last night in Goes harbour. A lot of british yaughtsmen in our area ; became map for yaughtsmen of aea around Harwich; may be destination for next summer ? about 12 hours sailing time from Neeltje Jans (oosterschelde)
byby

  ko Jun 24, 2011 5:56 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.