Existing Member?

Adventures of the Fittons

Thursday 8th June 11 - Rio de Janeiro

BRAZIL | Wednesday, 8 June 2011 | Views [454]

we´re finaly relaxing, my husband and I. It´s been an exiting few weeks, with lots of organising for our wedding. An amazing day, even though we managed to have the only 3 days of bad wether in a period of extreem drought Holland hasen´t seen for over 20 years. It´s almost like the weather changed only to make the Irish feel more at home. But that coudn´t temper the fun we had. 

I thought it was overdone when people said it´s the best day of your life. But i think i have to agree with them after all. We had so much fun and it was great to see how many people made such an effort to be there with us and celebrate that we got married.

Our journey began with moving out our stuff out of our appartment in Vlissingen. Were Coen and my dad had forgotten there previous statment when moving in the sofa wich was someting like ´If you´re ever moving out of this aparment, the only way i´m helping you with this sofa, is by personly trowing it of the balconey. And made a major effort in helping us move all our stuff to Coen~s attic. So 5 day´s after our marriadge, Mr and mrs Fitton found themselves living with the parents.

As we left Kapelle on a drizzly monday evening to take the train to Schiphol. We found out that half of Holland was onreachable by train on command of the fire brigrade. I´m still wondering what that´s supose to mean. Somehow we got on a train with end destination Amsterdam central, wich took an alternative route and didn´t bother to stop at Tilburg ore any other mayor city but Amsterdam bijlmer. What´s the logic in that?

But we made it and got up, happy as alway´s so early in the morning, at 5.30 to jump on the flight to Madrid. Wich was delayed, to get on the flight to Rio.

It´s only now, when sitting on Ipanema beach, looking at the famous statue of Crist The redemer, overlooking Rio. That I realise that were really here. We are in Rio the Janeiro, Brazile. Whit it´s amazing clear blue water. Buatifull beaches and palm trees along the boulevard. Were people are drinking out of a coconut, looking at the people walking by showing of the well traind body´s. And some lesser traind ones you wish you wound´t see so much of.

We did it, we both quit our job and jumped into the great unknown. Looking for adventure, new experiances and fun.

It´s truely a great start of our marriadge and travels.

xxx

loes and Grom

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.