Existing Member?

Deliciously Dahl

BALI- The Island of The Gods.

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 21 April 2015 | Views [671]

Eat Drink Travel & Play Top Bali Experiences

3B0A2471

Think of Bali and you instantly think of a fun sun loving island retreat and our travel experience was just that. Check out our top travellers tips and on how you can best Eat Drink Travel & Play when planning your next adventure to this tropical destination.

 

EAT

From Casual Cheap Eats to Fine dining experinces, Seminyak has it all.

 SisterFields  (Breakfast, Brunch & Lunch)

 

IMG_2855

Sisterfields is a popular upbeat cafe found in the heart of Seminyak. This bright and groovy venue has the style and vibe of any iconic Sydney cafe with the service and food to match. A cafe where the in-crowd meet to enjoy all day breakfast or a great cup of coffee. With a push on all items including the cakes and pastries being made ‘in-house’ its evident that the food team at Sisterfields  prides itself on local, seasonal produce. Choose from their signature pulled pork burger or decadent lobster rolls, a fresh and flashy salad selection or a gorgeous Acai bowl served with fresh berries and house made muesli prettier than a picture. When the say good food, company and coffee- they mean it.

Address: Jl. Kayu Cendana No.7 Seminyak, Kerobokan Bali

http://sisterfieldsbali.com

Open 7 days , 700am to 500pm.

3B0A1929

3B0A1833

 

 

Fine Dining

 

 

IMG_3136

Merah Putih certainly is the shiny jewel in the culinary crown when it comes to the Balinese dining experience. Indonesian food at its absolute finest and with the venue and service to match.  The culinary talent in the kitchen has taken local favourites and almost magically spun them into delicious modern adaptions without losing the essence of what this humble cuisine is known for.

The hands down favourite (so much so we went back a second time within a week to enjoy it again) was the Tahu Isi Terong -mushroom stuffed crispy tofu. Trust me you’ve never tasted Tofu this good and probably wont in your lifetime again. Silken tofu generously stuffed with sautéed oyster mushrooms and coated with the most perfect crunchy outer-shell alongside a dollop of smokey eggplant sambal, and the result – perfection. I think we would all agree that is unadulterated kitchen talent to have a vegetarian dish as your show stopper. Other dishes worth a mention included the Balinese snapper cured with fresh ginger, green chilli and local lime and my dads choice the Suckling pig  cooked traditionally a serve of pork cheek ,soy tum, spinach and crackling that shattered like glass.

We wined on spanish through to Italian and french wines which were all faultless recommendations. Merah Putih offered the complete dining out experience; fabulous food, incredible venue, a great wine list and wonderful service. It was an experience which rivalled  hatted restaurants back home, the only difference in fact was a much more palatable price tag.

A must do Balinese dining experience.

 

Address: Jl. Petitenget No.100x, Kerobokan, Bali, Indonesia 80361

https://merahputihbali.com

Monday – Sunday: 12.00 – 15.00 / 18.00 – Late  (Bookings recommended)

 

 

Local Eats

 

Warung Eny’s

3B0A2445

Much alike the locals, traditional Balinese food is a humble cuisine and as such can be difficult to find. There was very little street food on offer on the streets of Bali there are however some quaint local eating houses which serve delicious local fare.

If you’d like to try some of the favourites, at a very cheap price, this is definitely worth a visit.

 

 

 

 

Drink

 

 

 

Coffee

 

 

Revolver Espresso Boutique Coffee House

3B0A2314

Keeping your caffeine fix in check, the fun & funky local crew at Revolver Espresso will quickly resolve any pending caffeine withdrawal.

A cosy coffee house with funky eclectic decor, freshly roasted beans and  the barista skills of any noteworthy café back home. Revolver Espresso is sure to keep your morning coffee ritual in check.

Found in two easy to find locations in Seminyak, Revolver Espresso is your go to for high quality, drink worthy coffee.

And bonus points as they deliver!

Revolver & Baby Revolver – Boutique Coffee House

Coffee, Breakfast, Brunch & Lunch
Jl Petitenget #102, Seminyak , Bali
t: +62 (0) 851 0244 4468

Jl kayu aya / Gang 51, Seminyak – Oberoi, Bali
t: +62 (0) 851 0088 4968

http://revolverespresso.com

Open 8am until 5pm everyday!

 

 

Cocktail & Bar

 

3B0A2374Bali come Ibiza, Potato Head Beach Club is the shining star of the Bali’s bar and dining scene.

Ring ahead to book a cabana, sink into some seriously good cocktails, listen to the dreamy beats of some of Europe’s ‘up and coming’ Dj’s and watch the sun melt into the sea. PHBC truly does reach the dizzy heights of Bali’s top bar experiences.

PHBC features multiple restaurants, open bars, an infinity pool, performing DJ’s and fashion boutiques all dynamically connected throughout a three level amphitheater style design. PHBC truly is the place for the cool and the beautiful to be seen. And now with the added boutique accommodation, PHBC is the cooler than cool venue and must do Bali ‘Drink’ experience. An entertainment playground that casts its view out onto a sweeping Balinese coastline.

Cocktails, Tapas, Dinner

Jalan Petitenget 51B, Seminyak

+62 (0)361 473 7979

http://www.ptthead.com

Open 11:00am – 02:00am everyday!

 

 

Travel

 

Gili T

3B0A2479

 

The largest of three small islands of the coast of Bali and Lombok, Gili T is that tropical island paradise you don’t actually believe exists. Bars and restaurants lining white sandy beaches where crystal clear, warm seawaters are less than a few feat away.

3B0A2773

The most vibrant and developed of the Gili Islands, Gili T is well known to be a diving paradise by day and bar hoping party zone by night.  Many expats are drawn to the allure of Island life in Gili T and with a high social drive expect to bump into at least a handful of Aussies, Dutch or English that now call the island home. As motor vehicles are banned on the islands you wont have to contend with traffic congestion or at least that caused by cars and scooters. Instead choose between your own two feet, a Cimodo (traditional small horse and cart) or bicycle as your mode of island transport.

Accommodation on the island spans from very modest, cheap and cheerful hostel  accommodation to boutique villas and luxury five star resorts.

Be sure to soak up some local atmosphere at the local night markets and bundle yourself in amongst the hungry crowds of locals and travelers alike.Order an icy cold Bintang and feast under stars on freshly caught seafood cooked over roaring hot coals by GiliT locals.3B0A2490

Gili T

Diving, Relaxing, Dining

Accommodation: Gili Paradise

Getting There: You have 2 main options – Fast boat Transfer or Flying

Fast Boat transfer: There are many companies offering this service between Bali & Gili T, most via Lombok. If organised in advance they will usually include a pick up from your hotel in Bali to the Marina on the South East side of Bali (approx 2hr drive from Seminyak).

You can try any or the multiple operators: Blue Water & Gili Cat Island Express or Gili Getaway

Flying: There are flights between Bali and Lombok daily with both LION AIRLINES (JT) or GARUDA INDONESIA (GA), just be aware that you will still require a boat transfer between Lombok & Gili T.

 

 

Play

Scooter Ride

 

What ever way you look at it; adrenalin pumping, just plain crazy or hair-raisingly fun, zigzagging through the maze like streets of Bali on a hire scooter is a Bali ‘Play’ experience must do.

Be warned however, those who are sticklers for the rules or reliant on use of indicators need not apply. A touch of gusto and strong ability to handle your horn is what this experience is all about.  Play it safe and wear a helmet, a requirement by law in most parts of Bali but one seldom followed by many western tourists.

 

 

TOP 5 Travellers Tips

Bali

 

- A $35 US equivalent ($50 Au) Visa Entry is payable on arrival at the airport. Payment is acceptable in cash (Australian or Us dollars) or via credit card.

- Blue Bird Taxis are your most reliable taxi provider throughout Bali. Just make sure the meter is turned on before departure. A typical charge from the airport to Seminyak is the equivalent of $20 AU.

- ATM’s and cash exchange centers are ample and accessible throughout the more central parts of Bali. Most convenient stores (Cocos and Seven Eleven) have ATM and cash exchange facilities.

- The ‘Don’t Drink Local Water ‘ rule still applies in Bali. Be mindful when showering and brushing your teeth that the tap water may be contaminated.

- Wifi access is available in quite a few cafes and restaurants, just ask your waiter when getting settled and they can direct you to any passwords

Tags: bali, drink, eat, play, travel

About gourmetearth

South Ea(s)t Asian Dreaming

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.