Existing Member?

What Was I Thinking?!? Whilst in a foreign country, it is recommended to try new foods, learn the language, and alienate as many locals as possible.

Another Brief Update: Curfew? What curfew?

CHINA | Saturday, 12 September 2009 | Views [638] | Comments [3]

So it's 1:00 a.m. here in China. I have to post this just because it's a little surreal.

We were all drinking and playing cards until about midnight (all being me, Coby, Marisa, and Tyler). Coby decided to be a pussy and went to bed, but Tyler, Marisa, and I all decided to go to the beach since at night the waves are higher. Now, for those of you who don't know, which is most of you, we have a 10:00 pm curfew. It didn't take much convincing from Tyler for us to agree to sneaking out, seeing as he was here last year and 'did it all the damn time.'

The ocean is beautiful. It's about a two minute walk from our hotel and it was lovely. There were so many huge waves crashing up against the platform we were on and the mist was nice and cool. There were a lot more stars than I thought there would be, the moon was shining bright, and it was cool, but not 'I'm freezing my nuts off' cold. It was so peaceful. We stood there for about 20 minutes. Also, it was turning to high tide so we got to watch the waves get bigger and bigger.

So we walk home and Tyler volunteers to climb back in the window we got out of and let us in a different, closer to the ground window. The window we had gotten out of had about a five foot drop. So we go around to the front, waiting to be let in. Alas, this is when Marisa and I notice that Mr. Wang is in his office not two doors down from where Tyler's sneaking in. Mr. Wang is in charge of the program. But we figured, "Hey. Tyler's a pro. He said so and he did this all last year. He'll be fine." LIES.

Mr. Wang caught Tyler because Tyler almost fell back out of the window. And then Tyler told him what happened and they came and let us in the front door. Best part was, Mr. Wang just laughed at us and told us to go to sleep. So here I am, going to sleep... sorta...

Good night.

Tags: curfew, mr. wang, night, ocean, sleep, sneaking out, tyler

Comments

1

I just wish I was there so I could sing "Break Break Breaking the Law, Breaking the Law." Other than that good times, I wish I was close to the Ocean:(

  joshuapatterson23 Sep 12, 2009 10:34 AM

2

E-mail me Becca! The cell won't work. I tried texting and you are out of network. Love You!!

  Mom Sep 13, 2009 1:56 AM

3

Well, I suppose you are used to going out at 1:00 a.m. and doing something stupid.

Next time, put out a tenement fire or something.

  Miriam Sep 14, 2009 2:54 PM

About godohell


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.