Existing Member?

All the other birds are migrating south My life of excess has come to a halt. I’m making my own yellow brick road in The Americas. Here’s hoping The Wizard of Oz has a better answer for me than a pair of shiny red slippers

1/4 way mark

ARGENTINA | Sunday, 20 February 2011 | Views [354] | Comments [2]

There´s not much else to do on a 21-hour bus ride than sleep, daydream and eat, and I've realised I´m at the 1/4 way mark (of my South American trip, anyway). Sheesh, time has really flown.

Anyway, I made it to my 3-star resort in Igauzu. This is so flash. I´m embarrassed to say I´m backpacking. 2 swimming pools, 2 bars (no complaints here), palm trees everywhere, pool tables, table tennis, the works. Think it costs $20 a night. Well worth the ride. Seems like a real party place too. Posters all over the place, events every night. Everyone has dinner together and tonight, guess what we´re having? One guess. BBQ of course. lol. With a Samba show and happy hour @ 11-12pm followed by a black and white party.

But that's not the big news I have. This morning I got off my bus and my itinerary had changed. I´m off to the Brazil side of the falls this arvo. Damn it. Hope I can apply for a visa in time. I'll get to check into my room tonight when I get back.

Last night was the first time a police officer came on to our bus. Not sure what they were looking for, but two guys' bags were searched. That was a bit freaky as I've heard of stories of buses getting robbed etc. But the ride was nice enough. There's definitely a jungle out there and cactus taller than me.


Well I´ve got 30 mins before my next bus... adios.

Comments

1

Ha that was a long read. Thanks ma. You do realise everyone can read your comments right? Feeling the love for sure

  gloriamelody Feb 20, 2011 8:48 PM

2

Oi! It was one piece of cake, and it was a sliver! *grumbles about writers and their creative licenses*

  Aunty Feb 21, 2011 8:20 PM

About gloriamelody


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.