Existing Member?

All the other birds are migrating south My life of excess has come to a halt. I’m making my own yellow brick road in The Americas. Here’s hoping The Wizard of Oz has a better answer for me than a pair of shiny red slippers

Roaring Iguazu

ARGENTINA | Saturday, 19 February 2011 | Views [357] | Comments [1]

The time has arrived for the highlight of my Argentinian trip. Iguazu Falls, one of the natural wonders of the world. The first time I saw a picture of the falls I thought they were some CGI image from a movie. Now I´m here I´ve heard some many great stories. So you can understand my excitement. I´ve got two days at the falls, one on the Argentinian side and the other on the Brazilian side. Some people dont make the trip to the Brazilian side so I consider myself very lucky to be visiting both. I´ve got three nights accommodation in a hostel set in the jungle that offers breakfast and dinner. Yuss! No pointing and hand gestures... bliss. Oh and a big pool. Woop.

Until then I´ve got 20hours of putting up with strangers snoaring, farting and whatever else. Hey, it's just like the Marae. Oh and the slight annoyance of the cramped loo, that I cant quite seem to master. You know, there´s that puddle on the floor no one can avoid and everyone steps in. But I´m getting the hang of this long haul thing. Long pants - check. Jumper and scarf - check. Eye mask and ear plugs - check. Ipod, smellys, socks, water - check, check, check. Well, I think that's it.

As for yesterday, I got some great photos. Got a bit bored because our tour guide wasn´t allowed to show us around the museums. zzz snorefest. I love museums, but when everything is in Spanish and I have to read alot, I really can´t be bothered. Plus I didn´t know much about the Jesuits, Chë or the Argentinian composer. The other bummer was after paying for the tour we needed to pay an entry fee, which we all thought was included. But, hey, it's all in the name of educating myself in other cultures.

I met a lovely Brazilian guy on the horse trek. He gave me his details and said to call him if I ever needed help in Floranopolis, Brazil. No, he wasn´t hitting on me. I´m sure his gay partner was with us, too. He grew up there and told me where all the hot spots were. That's my next stop afer Iguazu. Beach heaven. I have a friend from Auckland living there, too. Ten days to relax and tan up for Rio De Janeiro. Fist pump. Oh, and we drunk this herbal tea that I see alot of men drinking. It tasted like weed. From what my spanglish lead me to believe, it has the same effect too. They have their own pipe/straw to drink from, too. It reminded me of kava ceremonies.  

Thank you to those who read and comment on my blog. It does feel like we´re sitting down over a cuppa tea at home having a good ole chin wag. A little one sided but it does make me feel closer to home.

Arohanui Glory x

Comments

1

Wow - so going looking on your photos' my cuz. How wise you will be when you come home huh? xx

  Nat Feb 20, 2011 6:11 PM

About gloriamelody


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.