Existing Member?

All the other birds are migrating south My life of excess has come to a halt. I’m making my own yellow brick road in The Americas. Here’s hoping The Wizard of Oz has a better answer for me than a pair of shiny red slippers

A blog a day keeps the oles happy

ARGENTINA | Friday, 18 February 2011 | Views [368]

Here goes. I´m gonna try writing a little every day. Of course it´ll be impossible some days, but I do tend to miss alot of details if I write only every few days. At the moment I have two published writers reading my blog. No pressure or anything. But I´m hoping everyone will let me know what they think

Arriving in Cordoba I made it to my hostel with minimal hiccups. I´m getting better at tipping people for doing nothing. It's a good practise to get into for Canada. Getting to Morada Hostel was easy enough, not paying twice the amount is another kettle of fish. I like it here. I´m sharing with two guys, one only speaks Spanish. But he's a nice guy. Reminds me of Josh Bell. Other is a pom who's a bit of a know-all. What pom isnt? So far I´ve had 2-8 men in my dorms. What interests me is they don't care if everyone is waking up to them in their underwear, laying in some awkward postion. Anyway, I hung out with two Aussie boys from Sydeny. Young but had been traveling for a few months now and spoke some Spanish. Which I´m always grateful for. We walked for 6 hours straight. Saw some beautiful buildings etc and did a bit of shopping. Played pool with my roommates and had mexican for dinner. The pom is also a pool shark. Anywho, I lasted the whole night sobber. Pat on the back for me.

Yesturday was horseriding in the Cordoba mountains. Think we rode for three hours. Surprisingly, I can walk fine. The horses were very slow and the track wasn´t very challenging. A relaxing experience. I´ve got some photos and video footage. Of course my horse was the biggest. Not as big as dad's horse when he came horse riding with us on my 25th birthday. Ha that was a laugh. I was the only singleton there. Which always makes it a bit boring because couples just tend to talk to each other.

The mountains were desert-like, dotted with cactus and thorn bushes, rocky, super hot and dry. I´m definately not a horsey person. I was a bit over it by the end. In the footage you can hear the tour guide speaking in Spanish. He did speak English but most of the time I was left guessing. The BBQ for lunch was amazing. Great salads and meat. My cooking will never be the same. I know that much for sure. So what does one have for dinner following a huge BBQ? Another BBQ of course!

We enjoyed a coal fire BBQ on the roof top bar in my hostel. 10US dollars. Money well spent I say. I´m now off to a tour of Alta Gracia and Chë museum... Hope to get some great photos and learn alot too. I´m going with 3 elderly peeps, that all speak English. I´m sure they´ll keep me entertained.

Hasta luego

About gloriamelody


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.