Existing Member?

All the other birds are migrating south My life of excess has come to a halt. I’m making my own yellow brick road in The Americas. Here’s hoping The Wizard of Oz has a better answer for me than a pair of shiny red slippers

Argentina 101

ARGENTINA | Thursday, 17 February 2011 | Views [773] | Comments [5]

I have a few things to say.

1. When people say Agentinians love their steak it's an understatement. I´ve never eaten so much meat in my life! And because I don't want to be rude I say 'si' every time I´m asked if I want any more. It is really good though. Often BBQed with that charcoal crisp outside and a red juicy inside.

2. Red wine. Now I´m a wine fan but these guys take it to the limit. Red wine is served with everything. Even on the bus: with dinner is red wine. And to finish, a flute of bubbles. To be honest I´ve never accepted a glass of vino on the bus, mostly because I´m too hangover, and secondly because I like to drink socially and drinking on a bus kind of takes the romance out of vino. Speaking of buses. I can´t get over how fat my ankles are. As we all know I´m natually blessed with petite ones (thank you genes). At the moment Im rocking fat stumpy trunks. Im thinking this is what they will look like if I'm (touch wood)ever up the duff. From now on I promise to do my leg extentions in the bus. Next trip to Iguazu Falls departs at 1300 hours arrive 0800 hours...ekk

3. Get used to men staring at you around here. Not that I´m exceptional or anything but that's just the way men roll. Some even call out to you across the road or say something in passing. Thank god I don't know what they're ever saying. But we´ve decided it's a compliment.

4. Traveling alone has its ups and downs. Most people I've tended to bond with are doing the same thing. That backs up my theory that we make less of an effort when we are travelling in pairs and groups. I´ve enjoyed travelling alone. Although it's a bit like my Hato Hohepa days. When I´m leaving a city I get really anxious and quiet and not really myself. I´m happy to be moving on to the next city and adventure, yet nervous about making new friends, getting to the hostel etc. Of course the burden is always shared with a companion. But when people ask me what I¨m doing next I´m like... I dont know. And I like it that way.

5. Dinner time. Because of siesta everything is pushed back four hours. Dinner is around 9pm. But don't be suprised to see young local kids out to dinner at 10pm. For example, I had dinner at 11pm the other night. Most New Zealand kitchens are closing at that time. That rolls on to my next beef. Going out at 2am in the morning. It's not doing anyone any favours. One upside is sleeping in the afternoon. I´m a fan. It's so hot my brain has turned to mash and it's a good way to recharge before a night out.

6. Everyone is so damn beautiful. The women are skinny, tall and tanned. I´m sure the average size is a 10 and not many are any bigger. The men are stunning. I actually can't contain myself. Sometimes I let out a brust of 'wooh' or 'damn'. lol. Great v-shape, tall, bright eyes, some coloured. In saying that they can be very forward, which is a little unattractive to me. I like the chase. But I think most women agree with me that Kiwi boys dont have any balls. With these guys you smile or talk to them and they´re following you around all night.

to be continued...

Comments

1

I'm sure they're compliments...

Sounds like you're having so much fun! I've always been fascinated with things-Spanish, don't know why, past life?? My name could pass as Spanish but that's it. Learn the language, then you can respond to those compliments.

Keep the stories coming; you'll cherish them forever...

  Maria Samuela Feb 17, 2011 9:39 AM

2

Yeay my first comment!!!Thanks aunty. Actually I´m thinking I´ll try to do it every day. And I really aren´t any good at writing , but I´m enjoying it. I´m thinking I can print them off later. Do you think if I gave you my password you could proof read them for me? I´m really nervous that alot of what I´m saying doesn´t make sence to anyone else and I´ll look like a dumbass..

  gloriamelody Feb 17, 2011 10:04 AM

3

I was enjoying the odd mispelt word; gives the pieces a lot of character. Serious. And no niece of mine could look like a dumbass! That's a really good idea to try to write something every day. Even one sentence or one well-chosen word to sum up your day or your mood when you're writing can say a lot. You'll write more than me this year! Sure, I'll give them a quick proofread if you want. pm me your details. xx

  Maria Samuela Feb 17, 2011 3:52 PM

4

Your such a great writer, I feel like I'm right there with you!

I concur with Aunty, they are ALWAYS compliments, what else would they be?
Red wine with everything, dinner at 11pm....and non stop siestas? What a blast my cuz! Your so brave for travelling on your own, and I also love your spontaneity about where your going and what your doing!
Please keep blogging, it's become my new fav treat to do on the net!
Love you a million and keep in touch xx

  Natalie Hickland Feb 18, 2011 7:20 AM

5

Thanks cuz. A 12 year could write better than me but nemind. Glad you enjoy the read x

  gloriamelody Feb 20, 2011 2:42 AM

About gloriamelody


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.