Existing Member?

All the other birds are migrating south My life of excess has come to a halt. I’m making my own yellow brick road in The Americas. Here’s hoping The Wizard of Oz has a better answer for me than a pair of shiny red slippers

I left my heart in Mendoza

ARGENTINA | Tuesday, 15 February 2011 | Views [362]

Happy one week aniversary to me. I havent been doing this travel thing very long but it's getting harder to say goodbye to people. I guess because we´re all away from home it's easier to form bonds.

Mendoza's been great. It's right beside the Andes by Chille. We visited the highest peak the other day. And for some strange reason none of us thought it would be snowing. So here we were running around in the snow. Some with shorts, others with t-shirts, some with jandals. Ha. I literally had one foot in Chile and one in Argentina. Hardcase. I´ve got some great photos from the trip. It was a long bus ride, but well worth it. Every 15mins or so I´d wake up and be wowed. As you know it's hard to wow a Kiwi. Home's pretty wowee.

Big party at the hostel last night. Of course I couldn´t say no even if I had to get up at 8am and didn´t get to bed til 5.30am...for a wine tour. Sheesh I´m a machine. Great fun and there were plenty of chickitos to go around. One of the guys working at the hostel ended up being the Latin Slim Shadey. Not that anyone knew what he was saying. I was impressed either way. Then there was the free tequila. I´m not talking shots. I´m talking straight from the bottle into your mouth. Mendoza knows how to party on a Sunday night!

Made some great friends. One I´m meeting up with in Rio De Janiro. I meet a couple that spoke Spanish and they took me under their wing for a few days. It's nice to go out for dinner and not worry about ordering a hamburger and getting two meat patties and no bun. lol. Hasn´t happened to me yet, touch wood. 

I got some great food photos from today. Traditional Argentinian food. Was unusual but very yummy. I would have to say the last few days did make up for the fact that I had to shower in the dark at 6.30am because the power went out at the hostel...it happened twice in four days. And that my bed was horrible, room was dirty, all staff didn´t speak English and we had homeless drunks sleeping on our pool table. All in all, would I come back? Maybe not. But I´m glad I made the effort

About gloriamelody


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.