Existing Member?

running away Traveling south east asia, china, australia, new zealand and america. wherever the mood takes me!

easy riders and saigon - last entry

VIETNAM | Thursday, 16 October 2008 | Views [791]

saying good bye!

saying good bye!

day 4- last day with the easy riders

we were orginally suppose to finish in muine, but chan convinced us to stay in dalat and they would bring us around to the different attractions there. and we were to get the bus the next morning to saigon.

oh my god, what a sore head when i woke up. i wasn't feeling very well and all aoife could do was laugh at me. i was lying on the couch in the reception area waiting for my breakfast, hoping that it would help me some what. and as i was lying there i remembered i call mom last night. i had to apoligise to bon for using his phone. i hate to think how much it cost.

well anyway after breakfast we were brought to our first stop which was called the crazy house. i have to say i loved it. i want to buy the plans and build it at home. it was so much fun running around and exploring the rooms and going over the bridges. there was even a girl there weaving and i even got to weave alittle bit. it was so cool. thats what i wanted to do when we went to the weaving place the day before. i think the excitement of the place woke me up abit too. 

after that we went to a pagoda, well temple area. this is where we saw our first monks. the pagodas were beauiful aand so peaceful. and then we walked down to the nearby lake to meet back with bon and chan. thats where bon bought a fake snake and scared aoife with it. she let out quite a yelp it was really funny.

after that we were brought to the train station there, where we saw some old trains and carriges. if you were really into trains you would have loved it. but we got some cool pictures. last stop was what they called a flower park. not very exciting. don't go.

then it was time to say good bye. chan and bon were heading back to nha trang straight away and they had some distance to go. it was really sad. we had some really good times with them. well more with bon than with chan. so if you go on a easyrider trip from nha trang and get bon on the team you know your in safe hands and going to have fun.

after the excitment of the last couple of days that night was a bit boring, and i think we were alittle depressed it was over so soon.

left early the next morning to go to saigon, we were to have only one night there as we booked a ticket a couple of weeks ago to bangkok. when we got to tha bus atation in dalat, we were told that our tickets weren't valid as they said nha trang to saigon not dalat to saigon. but we were told before in nha trang that it would be ok. well we were on the bus, and since our arguing wasn't getting us anywhere. we bought new tickets, hoping we could do something about when we arrived. then we were late leaving for about an hour cause there were two bus to leave at the same time and the other bus had broken down and it was blocking our way through the gate.

when we finally got going, the trip was really long. we left at 9 and didn't arrive till 5pm and that was on a normally bus, not a sleeping one. when we arrived we went about trying to get our money back from the bus, we didn't do too bad we got about 2/3rds of it back. well atleast it was better than nothing. that night we went to a spanish bar where i heard there was a party going on and some live music. so we hung out there for the night. apoclipse.

next morning, we awoke late and not havingmuch time in saigon, we decided we would go towards the reunification palace and have a look around. when we arrived there happened to be an english tour that just started for free, so we quickly joined. it was really interesting tour and we both really enjoyed it. the palace itself was really quite new only built in the 60s and was a military base for the south during the war for the vietnamese and americans. it was a small intro to the vietnam war and really our only direct info we got about it and it made me want to learn more. i was just glad that i had an aplfany awhile ago and had decided to come back through vietnam when i am to travelling from cambodia to laos. so i'll get to do the things that we missed the first time around.

after leaving the palace we decided we would get a cyclo around as we only had about 50 mins till we had to get the taxi to the airport. so we told the cyclo drivers that we wanted to be back at our hotel for half 3 and we agreed on 100,000 dong for the hour each. but i don't know what drivers were thinking, cause they brought us to the hotels first and when we arrived we said no after. they wanted to bring us to the river and to some padgodas. we said fine nut we have to be here for half three. so they brought us to the river and took some photos. then we seemed to be going for some time before we got to a padgoda. and we noticed that the time was like 20 past 3. so we looked really quick and went back to our drivers saying we had to get back to our hotel. they eventually stopped at a bridge just away from our hotel and when we went to pay they tried to charge 300,000 each. we said we already agreed 100,000 and they said yeah 100,000 an hour. we just looked at eachother and aoife goes yeah and hands him the money and walks off. i'm looking after her and i throw my guy the money and walk off. ha ha. lesson number i'm not sure waht numv\ber i'm on now i'll have to go back a count them all ha ha.

and that was how we finished vietnam, i was more upset that, that was our last experience. still love vietnam though.

Tags: dalat, easy riders, saigon

About glimmerwing


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.