Existing Member?

Round the World Trip around the World 2008

Day Two

SPAIN | Friday, 29 August 2008 | Views [338]

August 25, 2008


Spent last night in algerceriaets. The hostal was pretty basic but all I needed for the night. It seems that most of the budget accommodation in Spain has some kind of funky smell. Maybe its just the building construction. Its pretty hot and the room did not have any air conditioning. Like the Moroccans, Spanairds also love loud lively conversation until the wee hours of the morning. Last night it was in stereo...Arabic one side and Spanish in the other. It seems Sundays are the true day of rest in Spain. Absolutely nothing is open and you have a hard time finding a convenience store or an open restaurant.


Got an early start today and hopped the train from Algercerias to Cordoba. I am supposed to meet Janet here at 1345 when her bus gets in from Madrid. It will be good to see her and hang out together. Her plan is to move to Kenya in September. The train ride here was very civilized and uncomfortable, unlike the Moroccan experience a few days ago. I could not get over the beautiful and rugged mountain and canyon scenery along the way. This part of Spain is hot and dry, well known for the production of olive oil. The food here is tasty as well. Last night I indulged in a cold beer and a plate of pork chops....something I have not had in quite some time. I look forward to exploring the narrow streets and corners of Cordoba.


I checked on the bus service to Granada. Last bus leaves at 1900 on Tuesday.

About glacierdaz2


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.