Existing Member?

Round the World Trip around the World 2008

Day Three

SPAIN | Friday, 29 August 2008 | Views [261]

uesday August 26, 2008


I spent last night with Janet wandering around the narrow streets of Cordoba. The city is a really nice place, kind of a smaller version of Seville. We ended up having some tapas and beer followed by a flamenco show. The setting was in a spectacular open air courtyard. Despite being quite late, the heat was still pretty noticeable. By the time the show was over we negotiated our way back to the Youth Hostel. We were both pretty tired! Our Spanish neighbors next door still had the energy to carry on a loud conversation until the wee hours. Eventually, I passed out and had the best sleep I have had in a long time. All this while Janet was talking in her sleep!


In the morning we explored the city some more. The breakfast was included at the Hostel with a reasonable serving of fresh toast, orange juice, cereal and coffee. Really not a bad deal at 20 Euros a night. We bought tickets and walked around the Mesquita, an old Islamic Mosque. It reminded me of the Mosque in Casablanca. In the afternoon, we had a bite to eat at a Moroccan style tea house. The potato tortilla was delicious. After that it was back to the bus stations where we went in opposite directions. I was off to Granada and Janet was going back to Madrid. I hope she has a positive experience when she moves to Kenya in September.


I had a non eventful bus journey to Granada, I even had a sleep for about 20 minutes, The Spanish heat can really zap your energy. I had a meal at the bus station and walked down the street to a motel/campground place. I have set up here for the night and will take a Ryanair flight to Frankfurt Hahn in the morning.


About glacierdaz2


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.