Existing Member?

Gina, Joe and Justin's Backpacking Experience

Town of 1770

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 5 January 2009 | Views [715] | Comments [2]

 

The town of 1770 (yep 1770 is the actual name of the town) was a cool little destination that Canada Kim (hi Canada Kim) let us in on.  Very cool little (very little) town that is just as picturesque and fun as the big coastal towns except hardly any tourists.  This is probably because....da da dadaa.... its 50 miles off the expressway in the middle of nowhere!  Here I finally got a taste of adventure that I’ve been missing from New Zealand...Kite Boarding!  I've seen these crazy guys doing this on the beach for a few years now and have always been interested except for the fact that is super dangerous if you don't know what your doing as well as being pretty new and unknown as of yet.  There's a guy here that advertised lessons (perrrfect) to get you rolling.  What he didn’t tell me was that your first lesson is how to fly the kite and you didn’t get to board until your second lesson.  All well.  I did have a lot of fun letting the kite drag me through the water and doing big super jumps with assistance from the kite!  Now i need to finish my lessons because this sport is AWESOME!  and not just because you get to wear a sweet helmet!

Our next stop is sailing in the Whitsunday Islands!!! 

Comments

1

I really hope that you put up lots of pictures of you flying your kite on the beach with a helmet on.

  Gina Jan 7, 2009 7:58 PM

2

nice to see that you had good time ... leave some feedback on our site if you can !!
You are mentionned in our blog and news page !!

Hope you finish your course and become a great kiteboarder !

  cedric schmidt Feb 3, 2009 2:24 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.