Existing Member?

George and Dion's Great Adventures Follow us on our travels around the world and where ever they may take us, from New Zealand to afar.

The sun and sand is GREAT!!!

CHINA | Tuesday, 15 December 2009 | Views [431]

Dion checking the surf

Dion checking the surf

So here we are in Hainan, China's only tropical island. It is defenitly different to Yangshuo in many ways. The people here are lovely and always seem to be laughing (not sure if this is at us or just in general). The food is more normal, you dont have to go to fancy western food stores to buy the normal bread, milk, cheese, tomato sauce etc. The beach is a 30sec walk from our front door and if we walk to the top floor you can get a great view. The only downside is that most things are a little expensive... but all in all it's a pretty chilled out beach place. 

We are living in a 4 bedroom house with 10 other people. Our office is here too and at the moment there are no customers so we are all sitting around trying to do admin stuff. We are trying to advertise in all the main resorts (yes this place is fill of them) and the bars. So far in my 4 days of being here the phone hasn't rung once. I think we have our work cut out for us!! Should be a good challenge though.

We went to the surfing beach the other day. It was super windy and the waves were average but Dion got out there and had a go. He got up on his 3rd go so he was happy. He wasnt happy though when he got out of the water and had a rash down his front. Haha should have worn the rash vest!!! Was a good time out though and great to see another area of Haian.

So were situated in the village of Lu Hai Tou. Its a pretty neat little village with HEAPS of workers all camping out in the guest houses. You walk down the street and there are lots of little food stalls out the front of peoples houses, and also TV's were the locals come to watch. Later in the evening it turns to kareoke!! Gota love it.

Other than that we dont have much on. Christmas is just around the corner and there are no plans. We might try and have a BBQ on the beach or something fun. Not to sure how many people will be here but I guess we will sort something out closer to the day!!

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.