Existing Member?

George and Dion's Great Adventures Follow us on our travels around the world and where ever they may take us, from New Zealand to afar.

Always Good

CHINA | Friday, 16 October 2009 | Views [408]

The lonely back two.

The lonely back two.

So as I sit here at the base wondering what to do today. Dion is out hiking in the middle of no where and enjoying the peace and quiet of it all. He had a 12hr train ride followed by a 4 hours bumpy bus ride to get where he is though. All in a days work for them i guess! 

Me, well I have been in Yangshuo working in the poring rain and loving it. Nothing like kayaking in the rain. The kids weren't to excited about it though. Yesterday the storm had finally passed and the afternoon session was amazing. Everything had cleared away and you could see the Karsts once again. Oh man it was just so beautiful. Hopefully the photos will give it justice!!

We have had some drama here in Yangshuo though. There was a hot air balloon crash which killed 4 dutch tourist. I don't really know why they were out that morning as it was drizly with a little breeze. Not much to see on days like that! Anyway everyone here is concerned about the affect it will have on the industry here and what the Govtenment will do. Time will tell. Sad accident though :(


Dion is away till he meets me for my trip I am running which is at the end of the month. So he is pretty much away for 3 weeks! Lucky. The busy season is coming to an end and the weather is definetly on the change. Not to sure what the plan is after then month as there are no bookings. The company is in the process of building a Eco Camp so that will need doing and thats about all! We have also been informed that Swine flu has reached Yangshuo. It is going around the schools and they will be closing down for a while.

Loving it.

 
 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.