Existing Member?

George and Dion's Great Adventures Follow us on our travels around the world and where ever they may take us, from New Zealand to afar.

First School over and out

CHINA | Friday, 18 September 2009 | Views [413]

Sunset at the beach where i was raft building.

Sunset at the beach where i was raft building.

We have just finished our first week of school kids. We had just under 200 year 10 and 8's from an International School in Shanghai. George ended up doing a bit of raft building which the kids loved but none of the rafts servived!!!! was good for a laugh though. We rocked up the first morning to be told to move down as this is water baffalo parking! So by midday all the baffulo where parked up and making the  water lovely for the kids!! 

Dion was group leading his group of 20 year 10's. We had an interesting week with weather and dramas and learning on the job as to how things work! We had to camp out after an amazingly hot day (42degrees)and it didnt drop too much that night. so sleeping in our tents was was tooo hot. We then headed off to Longshen where we did a 2 day tramp. Amazing views of the rice Terraces and ladies who grow their hair with only cutting it once or twice in their life. The cut off hair then gets tied in with their normal hair.

George had time to kill yesterday so hiked up to the top of the Karst peak in town that has a radio tower on it. The view was pretty amazing but the hike up was 20mins straight up stairs. Glad i didnt make them... that would have been a mission!!!

We had a big party last night. Was a farewell for a guy who has been at Chinaclimb for many years. We had a lovely Chinese style BBQ. The steak was YUM!! and so where the beers.

We now have 2 days off before heading to Zyuan to go rafting for 7 days.

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.